New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Welshlamb
Yearling

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2013 :  00:45:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have updated my Vivarium as George is growing fast. I decided on doing a custom project.

First Vivarium

This is my Vivarium I built as a DIY project to fit in with existing furniture. Its approx 5FT. I used Ikea products, Will Post up More about this if anyone requires info.

Ikea Furniture

My Add-On

The Finished Product

Inside Vivarium Pan View

Any questions feel free to ask.

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2013 :  08:25:00  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that looks fab really nice

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

NatalieC
Egg

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2013 :  09:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That looks fantastic! George is a very lucky snake

0.0.1 Corn snake- Phoenix
1.0.0 Syrain hamster- Elvis
1.0.0 Cocker Spaniel- Jenson
0.0.8 Goldfish (in a pond)
Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2013 :  10:31:20  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Looks great, you have the option to get more snakes now, seems a waste to use the other shelves for candles ;), 3 more 5ft vivs or 6 2 half ft vivs for smaller snakes.

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *
Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2013 :  11:54:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks very nice, and I thought exactly the same, as Callazagy, shame not to utilize all the other shelves for further vivs... so much more room :-)

I love the background, where did you put the vents, and how did you stick the background on? Is it waterproof?

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

Welshlamb
Yearling

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2013 :  12:24:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Razee

Looks very nice, and I thought exactly the same, as Callazagy, shame not to utilize all the other shelves for further vivs... so much more room :-)

I love the background, where did you put the vents, and how did you stick the background on? Is it waterproof?

Thank you to everyone for the lovely feedback.

The background was wrapped around a piece of 2-3mm plywood, which I had cut out a 70mm dial hole which I put the vent into. It is on the top right just behind the vines. The wires come through the center of the vent with no room allowing escapes. I did go through 5 vents to perfect it though.

The background was wrapped around the plywood and wood glue applied on the reverse along with masking tape to hold in place until it was screwed into place. No worries about tape getting to snake this way. Plus tension keeps in in place with no way of him getting behind.

I assume it's waterproof as its like a plastic texture. Inside the units I had cut plywood to make a replica of the units inner shell, to prevent damage to the original wood. I then sealed around the edges with clear silicone. Hopefuly that's all I needed to do. The one fault I can make is the doors are very hard to slide due to weight and excess wood glue is visible on runners. But in time I should be able to clean up.

But for a 4-5FT vivarium costing the fraction of market ones,
that fits in with the furniture I can't complain. I'm now trying to get approval for my additionals to be added, but have to seek permission

Enjoyed this little project and would definitely consider building again if anyone was interested.

Edited by - Welshlamb on 12/04/2013 12:26:21
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000