New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NatalieC
Egg

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2013 :  11:22:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had my snake handling lesson at college on thursday and we were allowed to take a few pics (Sorry the pictures aren't great quality, they were taken by my Ipod)
Felt so strange holding a bigger corn they were around 2-3 yrs old

These were all 8 of the corns while we were cleaning out their viv. There were 4 Carolina's, 2 Anerythristic's, 1 Amelanistic and 1 Amber

It felt so strange holding a bigger corn (Well more like him holding me haha ) -Notice my watch-

Heres a cheeky pic of the young male Royal Python

And a few pics from thursday night of Phoenix (two of him next to my watch to compare him to the bigger corn i held that day, and one of him eating his third meal with me, he's such a confident feeder)

0.0.1 Corn snake- Phoenix
1.0.0 Syrain hamster- Elvis
1.0.0 Cocker Spaniel- Jenson
0.0.8 Goldfish (in a pond)

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2013 :  12:23:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice looking snakes, although they look pretty cramped in that box together while being cleaned out! Phoenix is looking great

Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2013 :  12:36:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Hissy - surely the college could afford a second RUB - or maybe only clean out 4 at a time?! Even putting snakes together briefly is long enough for them to reproduce, and at 2-3 yrs old that is not a good age for a female to become gravid, ideally they should all have their own separate RUBS or at least be separated dependant on sex...

Having said that they are a colourful bunch, and make your little Phoenix look so diddy! She'll get there in time though ;)

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2013 :  13:00:20  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Phoenix looks really tiny compared to the college snakes.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

NatalieC
Egg

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2013 :  14:02:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats what i thought but all 8 of those snakes are actually sharing a huge viv together and seem to be happy with it. I'm not too sure on there genders but there are no signs of eggs. As with being cramped in the RUB, there weren't many left as we have lots of vivs to clean out, but the snakes were covered up and were not in there for long

Go to Top of Page

SilverWings
Yearling

United Kingdom
740 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2013 :  14:12:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My college only had one corn snake and a really mean carpet python o.O The exotics side of the animal care section was somewhat lacking, but we did have a lot of small fuzzy mammals. Does your college have other reptiles too?

2.2.3 Corn snakes; Red, Rosie, Liana, Checkers, Luna, Diego, Snowman
1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Snake; Aleron
1.0 Green Anoles; Doug
1.0 Greyhound; Lee
Go to Top of Page

NatalieC
Egg

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2013 :  14:38:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I go to Sparsholt college, they have their own animal management centre where they keep the animals which looks a bit like a mini zoo so its great for experience As for the herptile section we have 10 corn snakes, 2 royal pythons, a milk snake, a california king snake, a rough grass snake, two garden tree boas, a rainbow boa, a red tailed boa, 1 ball snake, 2 false water cobras and 2 other snakes that i cant remember the name of. For lizards we have 8 beardies, 6 leopard geckos, 2 tokay geckos, 2 madagascar spiny tailed iguanas, 1 chameleon, 4 different types of skinks, 1 monitor lizard I can't remember what type, and lots of other geckos and lizards. Then we have lots of anphibians but i can't remember any of the names haha. But this is only the herptile section haha. We even have meerkats, marmosets and red pandas for the exotic mammals. How i remembered all of those i don't know lol but like i said its great for experience

Go to Top of Page

Isoldael
Yearling

Netherlands
999 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2013 :  14:45:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At my uni, all we had was a royal python called Ball who lost part of his tail. The owner couldn't afford the treatment, so the snake was donated to the university. He's like the cutest royal ever :D

1.0 anery stripe (Nash)
1.0 hypo pewter (Loki)
1.0 bloodred het amel, charcoal, hypo, stripe 50% phet anery, lavender (Kasumi)
0.1 grey background normal het amel (Saphira)
0.1 tessera het amel, anery, stripe (Lilith)
0.1 amel (Aurora)
0.1 hypo bloodred het anery, charcoal, stripe 50% phet amel, lavender (Mara)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000