Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Another Change In Circumstances Leads To...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AcidicAngel
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1212 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2013 :  16:50:53  Show Profile  Click to see AcidicAngel's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Basically, my partner originally lost his job and was possibly going to have to move in with me which is why I had changed my mind on getting the Anery despite really wanting to. Well now he has been told he's working in the other store(they had 2, one got shut down due to loss of money because they opened a bigger better one elsewhere) but the Anery has gone to his new home now so I can't have him/her But I am thinking, since my current pair are confusing me so much right now... I am still going to separate them when I get the new viv and attempt to breed them properly by introducing the female to the males viv for a few days to a week and then separating her again. But I want to aks a question. For now I'm going to start this year by breeding my current pair but in a couple of years I want to be breeding something different. Now, I have my eye on a young Pied Sided Bloodred who has a pretty high amount of white My female is a Hypomelanistic poss het Lavender and Anery. Male is a Butter with unknown if any hets. What would I be best getting to breed to these two? I really want this High Pied Sided Bloodred but if there are better things to breed with my babies then I'll still possibly get him/her and just have him/her as a show/pet corn rather than a breeder. So, my best options? I'm pretty sure my girls mother was Lavender het Anery and Hypo but her dad I've no clue about so he could have been a hypo like her or he could have also been het hypo like her mum but I'm not sure what he was. I'm not 100% sure on mother but that's what my uncle told me the breeder had said. The breeder only owned the mother and he sent her off for breeding so was unsure of the father. And my boy... Well. I haven't the slightest clue. Guess I'd have to find out through breeding really

So idea's? Thoughts? Anything else? XD

Corn Snakes.
1.0 Butter - Cereus.
1.0 Caramel Stripe het Amel - Vladimir.
0.1 Normal het Amel, Caramel, Hypo - Amara.
0.1 Masque het Amel, Anery, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, Lavender, Stripe - Aurelia.
1.0 Masque Anery het Amel, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, lavender, Stripe - Orion.
Leopard Gecko's.
Too many to list!!
Rat Snake.
1.0 Yellow Rat Snake - Leviathan(Levi)
Western Hognoses
1.0 Normal 50% poss het Frosted(Dutch Hypo, Caramel) - Thorne.
0.1 Frosted - Rose.
1.0 Anaconda het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Titan.
0.1 Normal het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Nyx.
R.I.P Pandora & Sakana, entwined in my heart forever my darlings.

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2013 :  17:56:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gosh, that seemed quite hard for me to get my head around. I must be more tired than I thought

If you were to get a pied sided then all the offspring would be het pied which I believe is still quite sought after.

What about something like a Granite or a Snow? even an avalanche? Especially if you could find some het hypo, lavender, amel, caramel. Then if you wanted to get a pied in the future you could get some diffused babies out of a pairing with it? If you're anything like me then I doubt you'll just get a third snake and stop

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs

Edited by - Moppet on 12/01/2013 17:56:52
Go to Top of Page

AcidicAngel
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1212 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2013 :  18:16:14  Show Profile  Click to see AcidicAngel's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Moppet

Gosh, that seemed quite hard for me to get my head around. I must be more tired than I thought

If you were to get a pied sided then all the offspring would be het pied which I believe is still quite sought after.

What about something like a Granite or a Snow? even an avalanche? Especially if you could find some het hypo, lavender, amel, caramel. Then if you wanted to get a pied in the future you could get some diffused babies out of a pairing with it? If you're anything like me then I doubt you'll just get a third snake and stop

Thank you Moppet XD And nope, I am not stopping at 3 snakes I'm just taking it slow at the moment. This little pied sided that I have my eye on is really high pied sided... The white comes just above half way up his/her sides! S/he's gorgeous! And I've wanted a bloodred/diffused for ages. My partner is getting a pair of Royal Pythons that are both proven to be het for pied so he's going to be breeding them to hopefully get some nice pied and then I want to get some nice on track breeding of corn snake morphs. I really want a Lavender Stripe and have done for a long time. Last time I asked about how much a Lavender Stripe would be I got the answer of "Around about £100 for a baby" and I was like "What?! I can't pay that " But now I'm getting some real money in I can start looking at more expensive morphs I like the look of Silver Queens at the moment lol.

Corn Snakes.
1.0 Butter - Cereus.
0.1 Masque het Amel, Anery, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, Lavender, Stripe - Aurelia.
Leopard Gecko's.
Too many to list!!
Rat Snake.
Western Hognoses
0.1 Frosted - Rose.

Edited by - AcidicAngel on 12/01/2013 21:26:49
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2013 :  09:25:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooh yes, Silver Queens are very pretty I love pied sided snakes, particularly high expression but I couldn't really justify spending so much one on so decided to attempt to breed my own with a low expression pied and a het pied

Sounds like you could have some fun breeding projects on your hands

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

AcidicAngel
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1212 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2013 :  17:44:57  Show Profile  Click to see AcidicAngel's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ah well this High Pied is a decent price because I'm getting her from a friend so she's only £50 and she's a 2012 hatchling

Corn Snakes.
1.0 Butter - Cereus.
Leopard Gecko's.
Too many to list!!
Rat Snake.
Western Hognoses
0.1 Frosted - Rose.
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2013 :  18:22:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I need more friends like yours! That's an amazing price for a high pied!

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000