New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bob101
Egg

United Kingdom
74 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2012 :  22:28:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, just wanted to ask for some advice! Sid my corn when I have him out he wants to head for my hoodie pockets the odd time. im always a little scared incase he gets in and then subsequently cant get him out? is it ok to let them sit in ur pocket waht do other peeps do? just dont want to stress him out with this big hand going into my pocket to try and get him out again when its time to put him away? any help would be appreciated? i dont mind letting him do it if he wants its just the fear of getting him out again. :)

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2012 :  22:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only let Apollo go into my pockets. I just worry too much about hurting the little ones and they can move quick if they decide to. Plus Aphrodite is still convinced that she can fly and can go from calm and relaxed to suicidal leap in a matter of seconds

I think this is maybe one query that everyone could have different opinions on. I do tend to be a little overcautious so I'll be interested to see what others say

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

coxymk2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1245 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2012 :  08:02:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is one of those know your own snake questions. I have 2 that i would trust to go in and out of my pockets with no problems and the other i wouldn't he tend's to be a bit more on the I will do what I want side

0.0.1 ANERY (Liquorice)
0.0.1 CAROLINA (Bangle)
0.0.1 AMEL (Boozer)
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2012 :  08:59:23  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My biggest worry when mine wanted to explore pockets was any loose threads from the seams that might strangle them.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2012 :  14:46:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most love being in clothes, when Kellogs was small would sleep in Ians sleeve, was funny as he would be playing the playstation, had to keep his arm straight! Its fine, but check for a bump incase you get left a pressie!
Just take them out the same as you would from viv, if you are worried, gently shake clothes to warn them you are coming

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Criminal Nails
Hatchling

Spain
275 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2012 :  15:41:00  Show Profile  Visit Criminal Nails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Discordia loves resting curled up inside my sleeves while I read, and I don't have any problem with it. When I have to take her out I just approach her slowly but firmly and as said above I gently shake my arm so that she's not caught unexpectedly... I've never had any problem!

Criminal Nails .-
0.0.1 Ghost Corn (Discordia)
0.1.0 Vietnamese Blue Beauty (Furia)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000