Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  16:42:01  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi all :)

So many of you will know I plan to start breeding in a few years, im after good morphs to start with?

I'm gonna get a female something het cinder cos little sheldon is ph cinder.

I'm thinking diffused might be a good place to start as it can be put into loads of different morphs.

Thanks

Scaly

PS not interested in hybrids

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  16:45:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well what morphs do you like? What morphs do you want to produce? It's entirely up to you what you want to breed, you can start with whatever morph you flippin' want!

Wanna know what animals I keep? Check out www.facebook.com/mnmreptiles :)

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  16:46:55  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
im just thinking some morphs open up chances of others better ;) i like lavenders and hypo lavenders :P

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  16:50:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Plasma/hypo plasma het cinder then would be a good choice, finding one however is another story! You could always buy a cinder and a plasma, breed them, and have a project on your hands?

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  16:51:39  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wish i knew if maggie and sonny are het for anything interesting :(

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  16:53:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I were in your shoes I'd go for a cinder rather than a het as then the babies you get will either be half normals het amel caramel cinder motley and cinders het amel caramel motley, or breeding him to a het cinder will get you all normals het amel caramel motley 50% poss het cinder. Obv there's a big price difference between a cinder and a het, but cinders are laaaavley

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  16:54:59  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeh im looking on the morph guide and rather in love :)

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  16:55:49  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
on procorns website and it looks like i'll be saving up a while yet lol

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  17:29:18  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
can someone explain how heating a hatchling rack works?

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  17:34:07  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
also can someone point me in the direction of some good literature online? i cant work out hypo lavenders would come around?

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  18:02:10  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Abzz what do u need to know about a hatchling rack i converted an old chest of drawers to make mine i slotted in 4 shelves ran heat cable along the back of each one and then put heat tape over the top the back of the rubs rest on the heat strip at the back to get the thermal gradient ill try and get a pic for u

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  18:10:20  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that looks good, how hard would it be to put dividers on the shelves and what size rubs r they?

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  18:12:58  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Righty this is my "current" Rack for my lil uns but in the new year or possibly later this month if xmas shopping doesnt wipe me out im going to be building the "Adult" rack which will basically going to be built for 50 litre rubs not that they will need them for a long while yet but i like to be prepared lol

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  18:14:42  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thats great, how would you put divders on the shelves?

like this _____|______|______|_____|

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

LarkaDawg
Hatchling

442 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  18:27:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hypo lavs come from both parents carrying the lavender gene and the hypo gene. They are both recessive so you need two copies of the gene for the mutation to show through.
Eg I'm going to breed my hypo het lav to my anery hypo lavender and they will produce (among others) hypo lavenders.
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  18:45:17  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
think ive got it now :)

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  20:01:56  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Arent they trying to prove if cinder is a dominant gene. I think thats what ive heard. Im hoping to produce amel cinder stripes in a couple of years. Then im hoping that the diffused gene will play into that aswell as both the parents are bloodreds het amel,cinder,hypo and stripe

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  20:06:18  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Although my chances of getting all 5 genes in one is 1 in 128 chances each egg so may be very lucky or just keep trying

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2012 :  07:18:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually Marc, it's 1 in 256 that you'll get the 5 gene. And Cinder isn't dominant, it was proved recessive. And if you're snakes are "bloodred", then you won't make any Amel Cinder Stripes, you'll make Diffused Amel Cinder Stripes ( and even then that's only 3/256), but Diffused will always be there if both parents are diffused. It won't just disappear.

Back to the OP, I'd agree with Manda, deffo go for a Cinder :D They're super animals. Plus as she says, your chances are far better if you use a visual cinder. I don't know of many lavender cinders (if any!) so I think you're probably going to have two projects on your hands, or create a longer running project of your own making!

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2012 :  16:29:33  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
cant wait!!

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2012 :  22:17:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gosh, that's all very exciting scaly I can't wait until I can breed my little girlies, I've got some really exciting possibilities, even if the possible hets don't prove out.

Personally I love diffused snakes. I think it goes well with anything But as it has already been discussed you should choose something you love. I like the idea of cinders and cinder lavender projects, they sound really interesting

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000