Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2012 :  20:32:22  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Got my Christmas pressie early, three LED strip light sets, enough to light 11 vivs, for viewing/working purposes, instead of juggling a torch.

I got the corn vivs kitted out with them today, the rest will follow when I have time.

Arthas's

Yavanna's

Tilion's

Looking pretty cool

Turned out better that expected, well worth it I reckon.

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *

coxymk2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1245 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2012 :  20:53:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking very nice indeed

0.0.1 ANERY (Liquorice)
0.0.1 CAROLINA (Bangle)
0.0.1 AMEL (Boozer)
Go to Top of Page

Isoldael
Yearling

Netherlands
999 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2012 :  21:41:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love how it gives off natural looking light :)

1.0 anery stripe (Nash)
1.0 hypo pewter (Loki)
1.0 bloodred het amel, charcoal, hypo, stripe 50% phet anery, lavender (Kasumi)
0.1 grey background normal het amel (Saphira)
0.1 tessera het amel, anery, stripe (Lilith)
0.1 amel (Aurora)
0.1 hypo bloodred het anery, charcoal, stripe 50% phet amel, lavender (Mara)
Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2012 :  21:48:25  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Haha, just noticed, who can spot Tilion in the 3rd pic?

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *
Go to Top of Page

Thorne Walker
Yearling

Canada
642 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2012 :  21:57:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Little face!

great Vivs!

1.0.0 CB'11 Volcano Corn 'Kitty'
0.0.1 CB'11 Russian Rat Snake 'Monster'
2.0.0 CB'04 Roof Rabbits 'Baka Neko-San' and 'Usagi Neko-San'

My Setup :http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27228
The Kids: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26248
Go to Top of Page

Lozzy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1556 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2012 :  23:24:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks brilliant. which LED lights did you use, really need to sort my two out!

0.1 CB10 Snow Cornsnake - Galaxy ~(Currently MIA)
1.0 CB11 Ultramel Anery Consnake -Orion
0.1 CB11 Lavender Cornsnake - Star
0.1 Leopard Gecko-Simo
1.1 Jack Russell-T.J and Harley (Minature)
1.1 Cats-Rascal and Dizzee
1.0 TB Horse-Mickey
Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2012 :  23:41:34  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lozzy

Hi Lozzy, Ive used the Saxby Strip LED's, you get x4 30cm strips, 1m cable for each, as ya can see one strip is more than enough for a 3ft viv, im going to have two in Grantly's 4ft viv.

I found Luma Lighting to be cheapest inc P&P - http://www.lumalighting.co.uk/Cabinet+Lighting.136/13845/Saxby+Lighting+-+Chop+Undercabinet+LED+Kit.html

Go to Top of Page

Welshlamb
Yearling

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2012 :  09:30:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The LEDs look really good. Good price and by the look much brighter than the ones sold at ikea. Good find and thank you for sharing. May well use these in the next vivarium.
Go to Top of Page

ean632
Hatchling

United Kingdom
142 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2012 :  10:09:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow your set up is class, loving the LED lghts. What make/model are them vivs? and what sizes? I would love a 3 high stack of vivs just like them. Also love the info card on them:)

Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2012 :  10:31:09  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ean632

Wow your set up is class, loving the LED lghts. What make/model are them vivs? and what sizes? I would love a 3 high stack of vivs just like them. Also love the info card on them:)

They are my own custom built stacks, x3 3x1.5ft on top of a 4ft stack split into x2 2ft and a 4ft along the bottom. So 6 vivs in that corner of the room, its like 7ft tall, so dragging it out to install wires is knackering lol. The bottom section is next on the list for lighting, unfortunately I didn't have time to do the all stack at once so I will have to squeeze behind it again lol.

My mum nagged me to label the vivs cos she never knew who the animals were, so I made proper photo info cards, which may come in useful if theirs a rare occasion that im not around to see to them.

Go to Top of Page

Lozzy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1556 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2012 :  10:43:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Callazagy

quote:

Hi Lozzy, Ive used the Saxby Strip LED's, you get x4 30cm strips, 1m cable for each, as ya can see one strip is more than enough for a 3ft viv, im going to have two in Grantly's 4ft viv.

I found Luma Lighting to be cheapest inc P&P - http://www.lumalighting.co.uk/Cabinet+Lighting.136/13845/Saxby+Lighting+-+Chop+Undercabinet+LED+Kit.html

Brilliant, Thank you!!

0.1 CB10 Snow Cornsnake - Galaxy ~(Currently MIA)
1.0 CB11 Ultramel Anery Consnake -Orion
0.1 CB11 Lavender Cornsnake - Star
0.1 Leopard Gecko-Simo
1.1 Jack Russell-T.J and Harley (Minature)
1.1 Cats-Rascal and Dizzee
1.0 TB Horse-Mickey
Go to Top of Page

awlred
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2012 :  12:10:08  Show Profile  Visit awlred's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a similar idea. I also took a second strip of blue LEDs from Maplin and wired them onto a separate circuit, so I have dual-tone lighting. I'm thinking of getting some Red LEDs next as I have a hypothesis that because my snake is Amelanistic (I.e. red eyes) he won't be able to see when the red lights are on, and we might be able to see a bit more of him in the evening.

Although I wonder what the neighbours might think with a red light on...

0.0.1 Amel Corn Snake - Essfer
0.1.0 Wife Jules/Squeefluff
0.0.100s Coffee Things ;)
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Go to Top of Page

ean632
Hatchling

United Kingdom
142 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2012 :  12:58:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got my LED lights from this seller http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/equipment-classifieds/505550-led-lighting.html

They are very good, I added the built in dimmer which is handy.

Go to Top of Page

Welshlamb
Yearling

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2012 :  13:12:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love the background in your tank. Where you get it from?
Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2012 :  14:06:18  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Welshlamb

I got them off this seller on eBay http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ibstockaquaticandreptilesonline they have a wide selection available but I know ya can get them from many other places.

Go to Top of Page

Welshlamb
Yearling

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2012 :  17:20:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Welshlamb

I got them off this seller on eBay http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ibstockaquaticandreptilesonline they have a wide selection available but I know ya can get them from many other places.

Thank You
What substrate you using there?
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2012 :  18:57:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks fab! has give me lots of insparation!!

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2012 :  19:29:40  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Megazorb horse bedding, a few people on here have started using it.

Go to Top of Page

Welshlamb
Yearling

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2012 :  10:29:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Megazorb horse bedding, a few people on here have started using it.

Cool does it stop burrowing?
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2012 :  15:16:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

How secure are the LED's. I understand they are self adhesive? I have always had trouble with getting self adhesive things to stick to any thing in our house lol. Would I be able to secure them any other way?

Thanks.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2012 :  15:57:54  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

quote:

quote:

How secure are the LED's. I understand they are self adhesive? I have always had trouble with getting self adhesive things to stick to any thing in our house lol. Would I be able to secure them any other way?

Thanks.

They come with metal clips and screws, so it was simple just to screw a couple of clips in the top of the viv and the strip just pushes on, seems pretty secure to me. I was reluctant to use the adhesive strips, cos if it did come of the snake may get stuck to it.

@Welshlamb - no not really, its just a cheap alternative to the traditional substrates.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000