Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Falice
Yearling

United Kingdom
757 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  17:29:35  Show Profile  Visit Falice's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree, I don't think that fireworks should be on sale to the general public. I do like them though. I've never had a dog, but when i lived at home, we couldn't let our cat out when it was dark for days before bonfire night because he was so terrified of them. One year we lost him for 3 days, which isn't like him at all, because he was out when people were setting fireworks off days before it was even bonfire night, he ran away and we still don't know where he went for those days, but he wasn't right for ages after. Poor little thing, I hope everyones animals are safe this year

1.0.0 Royal Python (Sir Cuthbert)
1.0.0 Corn (Trevor)
1.0.0 C0ckatiel (Baldwin)
1.0.0 Jug - jack russel x pug (Keyser Soze)
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  18:17:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'll be paranoid about the horse this year as we have moved him closer to home which means rather than him being in a nice quite village, he's now just out side of town. Am sure he'll be fine as he's never bothered before but still can't help but worry! luckly the dogs are fine, saying that Jess is just about deaf so she's oblivious anyway!

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

serena_08
Yearling

United Kingdom
784 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  21:06:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be getting something for him next year defo, this is the first time he's reacted like this so had no reason to be concerned beforehand.

My reps don't seem to care about any noise, Rubi comes out when the Hoover is on though!

1.0.0 Corn: D-Bo (Amel)
1.0.0 Western Hognose: C*ntyB*ll*cks
0.1.0 MBK: Rosa
0.0.1 Leopard Gecko: Zuko
0.0.1 Bearded Dragon: Kobe
0.0.1 Fire Bellied Toad: Snoop
1.1.0 Cats: Penny and Sheldon
1.0.0 Staffy: MooMoo

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  19:58:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well the snakes aren't bothered in the slightest. the poor horse on the other hand is rather upset, as the garage next to the field didnt bother to tell us that they were having a display!!

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  16:22:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My reps really dont care,Spaff really hates the smell too though

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

hopeful_corn_owner
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2012 :  21:12:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate fireworks myself as I have hypersensitive hearing and even wearing earplugs doesn't help the situation. I basically have to be totally under cover, and usually watching something on my DVD player to be able to deal with them...otherwise I go into full on panic mode where it takes about 3 hours after the event has finished to calm me down.

I used to have a cat called Lucie and she was like me and hated them, and used to cuddle up beside me under the duvet during firework season.

My hamster and gerbils on the other hand...aren't bothered one little bit by them and will happily stay asleep or playing lol.

I strongly believe that fireworks should be banned for all the year apart from 5th November and New Years Eve...and even then only let off in proper public events and not in normal households.

Julz x

Owned by:
1.0.0 - Carolina Corn Snake - Aztec
0.1.0 - Anery Corn Snake - Inca (unconfirmed sex - I just think she is a she lol)
0.1.0 - Brachypelma auratum Tarantula - Mystery (again unconfirmed but I still think she's a girl lol)
0.1.0 - Chile Gold Burst Tarantula - Truffle (again unconfirmed lol)
0.1.0 - Chaco Golden Knee Tarantula - Zoe (again uncomfirmed lol)
0.0.1 - Brazilian Black Tarantula - Jet
0.1.0 - Syrian Hamster - Lily
0.1.0 - Cat - Winnie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000