My Eggs Hatched!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarkaDawg
Hatchling

442 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2012 :  19:37:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My mommy snake laid her first clutch of eggs some time in May, but they all unfortunately died due to a mishap with humidity and mould and whatnot. Then she laid five more, smaller, eggs 64 days ago.

And I was just about giving up on them hatching, seeing them crumple up over the last few days. However, getting back from today's IHS show in Doncaster, I check the incubator and there are two wriggling boddies! Complete surprise!! I'm hoping two more will hatch out of the five, one is pipping and the other looks good. The fifth egg has gone hard and crumpled, but apart from moving it away from the others, I've left it alone.

The new babies look healthy and well, except from being rather dry and dehydrated (must have hatched in the morning). Here are a few pics of when I first saw them:
Lighter snakey

Darker snakey

Being dehydrated, I gave the egg tub a light misting with warm ish water, and set up another tub. This tub is big, but shallow, and I filled it with warmish wet coconut husk stuff (you get it in a brick), I would have used moss but I was a little unprepared for their sudden arrival and am going to get some tomorrow. I put in some pathetic toilet paper tube hides and three bottle caps of water (here's where I'm shown to be panicky about their dehydration). And finally pop them both inside it.
I do have a few spare heatmats and stats, but I thought that I'd leave the tub inside the incubator while waiting for them to have their first shed. Is this okay?

Here are some more pictures from just now:
Lighter snakey

Darker snakey

Together for comparison

And here is the mother, she's a hypo het lavender

And papa, he is either an anery or a ghost motley, I'm thinking that the lighter baby is a hypo? Not sure, help would be recieved gratefully. And if it is a hypo, then he is a ghost! If not then he is an anery!

Thanks for looking!! Help on what to do about the tub, and father/lighter baby morph would be appreciated

LarkaDawg
Hatchling

442 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2012 :  19:38:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ninja edit: Does their different head pattern hint to anything morph wise?
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2012 :  19:43:13  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congratulations

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

LarkaDawg
Hatchling

442 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2012 :  20:05:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Donnie

Congratulations

Thanks!!
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2012 :  20:08:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww congrats!! I would have thought they were just different coloured normals... but am no expert so the lighter one could be hypo - you'll need to wait for someone more experienced lol.

Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2012 :  20:32:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the dad was a Ghost motley, the both babies would be Hypos, but as it looks, he's an Anery motley het hypo.

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2012 :  20:57:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww, hatchies! Both very cute.. :-)

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

katy
Egg

59 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2012 :  21:12:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats very cute :)
Go to Top of Page

LarkaDawg
Hatchling

442 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2012 :  22:42:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I'm so chuffed

Regarding questionable colours, I think I'll wait until they're older to give it serious thought ;)
Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2012 :  12:09:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congratulations

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: