New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2012 :  10:38:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're off on holiday for 2 weeks soon, and the snakes are going into a reptile shop for boarding.I've done nothing but worry about them, and to top it all off, Orlando has just gone blue! I'm worried they'll escape, be sold, catch something.
They were all fed last night, and for both Orlando & Falco I don't expect they'll eat in a strange place....Voldemort on the other hand is so greedy I doubt he'd miss his dinner
Assuming all goes well, I guess they'll need a week to settle in again when they come home? Anything I should look out for healthwise when they return? They all have such lovely temperaments I really hope this doesn't change any of them

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2012 :  12:26:36  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Stop worrying and look forward to your holiday.

If Orlando is just going into blue, he will probably sulk in his hide for a week or more and won't be bothered with the change of scenery. If they don't eat for a couple of weeks it won't do them the least bit of harm.

The last thing a pet shop needs is any hint of illness or things like mites in their own stock or guest boarders. A reputable shop will have a proper system of hygene and care in operation. They will not have them mixed up with their sale stock so there is no real chance of getting sold.

Judge for yourself how your snakes are when you get them home as to feeding and handling or whether to leave them to settle back in. Give them an initial check over for mites and general condition. Just don't expect them to come yapping round your ankles when they first see you. They will not act like fluffy puppies who missed their mum.

So relax and don't fret.

1.0.0: Miami Normal: Taggart
0.0.1: Carolina Normal: Wee Woody
0.0.1: Grey Rat Snake: Mirkey
0.0.1: Amel Corn: Blaze
1.0.0: Carpet Python: Vambo
0.0.1: MBK: Fester
0.0.1: Florida King Snake : Rattler (Rattle & Hum)
0.0.1. California King Snake: El Diablo Diego
0.2.0 Tarantulas : Ermintrude & Euphemia.
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2012 :  14:38:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks AB, I'll try to stop worrying so much Funny thing is I'm not in the least bit concerned about the dogs and cats going into kennels, and boy do I know they will make my life hell when I get back! The staffy will throw herself at my Husband, and ignore me for days, even to the stage of refusing to go on walks with me lol.I'll probably get a better welcome from the snakes than from Libby

Go to Top of Page

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2012 :  15:02:52  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ha-ha! I guess Libby is a daddy's dog.

Enjoy your holiday.

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2012 :  15:15:21  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Your not worrying because you don't trust the shop right?

If not then relax and enjoy ^^

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2012 :  15:32:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ell

Your not worrying because you don't trust the shop right?

If not then relax and enjoy ^^

No, I have no reason to not trust the shop. I'm just a worrier who always thinks 'what if'. I think it's because they've never gone to boarding before, so just makes me anxious

Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2012 :  15:37:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Auld Baldy

Ha-ha! I guess Libby is a daddy's dog.

Enjoy your holiday.

She certainly is a daddy's girl! She's the only dog I've ever known that rolls her eyes at you, gives dirty looks and turns her back to show how much you've hurt her feelings. I'm sure she'd rather I went to kennels and let her and OH enjoy their holiday

We're doing a tour of the USA, so I'm sure it'll be great and I won't give the pets a thought when I'm gone

Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2012 :  16:05:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm exactly the same, I worry about my pets when I'm not around, even though I know they will be absolutely fine. I'm sure your snakes will be okay if you trust the shop, they're tough animals and even if they don't eat whilst you're gone it won't do them any harm.

A tour of the USA sounds amazing and I bet you'll love it!

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

claire_daz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2012 :  15:29:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol my staffy belle sluck from the moment we get the suitcaces out she even took to lying in one last time lol im staying in the uk this time so im just gonna see if i can get away by putting it in rucksacks lol
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2012 :  14:28:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha ha, well she hasn't tried lying in the suitcase, very clever to think of that

Well the boys are gone, they went this morning just before 12 I felt sorry for them, Voldemort kept looking at us, and Falco buried himself in the aspen with just his sad little face poking out. Orlando is in shed, so wasn't at all impressed! I think the snakes watching us go really got to my 11 yr old daughter, she was in tears leaving the shop

Go to Top of Page

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2012 :  14:45:11  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Snakes need a holiday too.

They are probably whooping it up already.

Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2012 :  14:24:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hissyfit, I can sympathize, I'm in very similar situation myself, and I'm a terrible worrier, too.
I have a choice - do I put my snakies in for boarding or do I leave them at home, for a week with a couple of teenagers ( step kids )? My worry is that they'll get drunk ( teenagers, not the snakes.. though you never know ;-) ) and start pulling them out, or don't shut the viv door properly, or just plainly forget them.. then I worry the shop might accidentally sell them etc...aaaarrgh.

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly