New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  15:48:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so excited! I've just finished setting up my RUBs for the two hatchlings I am getting this year.

Please excuse my blurry photographs, I think I need to get a new camera.

This is the first RUB. Just need to put water in the ramekin when snakey is here.

I've plugged everything in so that the temperatures will stabilise before I need to put the snakes in What do you think?

This is the top of my chest of drawers now. From the left, fish tank, RUB, RUB, Apollo's Faun.

Pretty full huh? I reckon I could fit another RUB half on the large heat mat (the two RUBS are on the edge of a 20w heatmat) behind Apollo's faun though

This is the male Hypo Diffused het Anery Pied ph Amel Charcoal Motley which I have bought from Procorns. (I hope that it is okay for me to put this photo on here)

I'm waiting for him to be delivered, hopefully next week sometime. Very exciting!

This is the little female Amel het Anery Lavender Diffused ph Hypo Charcoal Stripe which I have reserved from Amanda and I am hoping to pick up at the Doncaster show. (If she decides it is time to start eating, cheeky little scamp!)

And here's a few pictures of Apollo gulping down a fluff ;) Excuse the flannel but he has outgrown his feeding RUB and can't grip on that surface without it.

Bulge

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  16:07:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The little hides are so sweet I love your soon to be newbies, both gorgeous and Apollo is looking great

Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  16:10:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Hissyfit, I hope the hides will be the right size for them, even if they'll quickly grow out of them

I just think I need a new camera next, haha, Procorns' and Amanda's photos put mine to shame!

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

NexivRed
Yearling

United Kingdom
551 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  16:48:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a little stunner from procorns. I remember looking at his photo on their site and pondering over him. I will be REALLY interested in following his development and any possible clutches he produces. So many exciting hets! Even if the possibles in both of them don't prove out, you'll get some fantastic 2nd generation hatchlings to put together, and if they do then what a project! And they'll be all het pied which will do wonders for their value. I'll have an Anery Pewter Motley from you in the future please ;)

Really hoping the little amel starts eating well for you soon. Set ups looks great.

R.I.P. 0.1: CB10 Ophion - pewter masque het amel
1.0: CB10 lavender stripe het ??? - Alabaster (Bats) Codify
0.1: CB12 hypo plasma het amel - Nebula
0.2: CB13 diffused 66% pos het cinder - Demeter (Mimi) & Bombulurina (Reenie)
1.0: CB13 hypo cinder ?% pos het amel stripe - Huckleberry
0.1: CB13 anery aztec het amel - Tetris
1.0: CB13 gold dust motley stripe - Helios

Edited by - NexivRed on 05/08/2012 16:58:02
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  16:57:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks NexivRed. I didn't know his photo was on their site, this one was sent to me. Just looking at his hets did it for me, they sent me a picture and I couldn't resist!

Both him and the Amel both have very exciting hets, a long wait to see if they prove out though. Apollo my male Anery has unknown hets so there could be some surprises there too (or he might not have any...)

Hatchlings from the Hypo Diffused would only be ph pied wouldn't they? Depending on what genes they get from the female? We'll see what happens in a few years time. By then who knows what else I may have to play around with as well Hoping to add a motley and a tessera to my collection eventually. Maybe next year

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

NexivRed
Yearling

United Kingdom
551 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  17:03:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where did I see that before then... I definitely have seen that exact picture. Oh well doesn't matter, I don't blame you for saying yes once you saw him.

And yes, 50% possible for het pied I'm sorry. But even that 50% possible will be tantalising enough for those adding pied to their programs to be interested in I think. It's still quite hard to get a hold of, and the fact it's one from Procorns as well. They produce some lovely snakes.

I too would love to add a tessera to my collection! I don't really go for the snow type morphs normally, but the snow tesseras really take my breath away. I don't think I'd work with one in a breeding program though because of the dominant nature, and there's other things I'd prefer to try first. I want to try and create patternless snakes first, but then imagine if you could get a tessera so the back was patternless but it kept those fantastic side patterns! Almost like a reversed diffused. That'd be cool.

R.I.P. 0.1: CB10 Ophion - pewter masque het amel
1.0: CB10 lavender stripe het ??? - Alabaster (Bats) Codify
0.1: CB12 hypo plasma het amel - Nebula
0.2: CB13 diffused 66% pos het cinder - Demeter (Mimi) & Bombulurina (Reenie)
1.0: CB13 hypo cinder ?% pos het amel stripe - Huckleberry
0.1: CB13 anery aztec het amel - Tetris
1.0: CB13 gold dust motley stripe - Helios
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  17:12:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's just one of the things I love about corn snakes, there's so many new colours and patterns being created/discovered all the time.

Oh yes, I love them too! I'd like to see what happens with the tessera pattern before I decide to get one I think. Because it is so new, it isn't really as established as many others and people are still experimenting with morphs. Although it would be fun to be a part of that. I'm interested to see what the bloodred tesseras look like as adults and whether their pattern changes as they grow older. I've heard that the bloodred het can change the stripe a little on its own.

Maybe I'll pick up a female het pied at some point and see if I can get any pied hatchlings. I do love the pied corns. Especially the ones with high expression. Beautiful.

I think the problem is that there are so many morphs which I love! I'm gonna end up with a house full of corn snakes at this rate

I've just been playing about with the corn calc. If all the hets prove out, there is a 1/152 chance of an Anery Pewter Motley. How do you like those odds?

Knowing my luck, their first clutch would probably all be normals!

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs

Edited by - Moppet on 05/08/2012 17:24:22
Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  10:48:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Laaaavley, your little lady will love it I'm sure! Tried her with a boiled beyond belief pinkie last night, that didn't take her fancy either, infuriating! I will get her feeding if it's the last thing I do!

Wanna know what animals I keep? Check out www.facebook.com/mnmreptiles :)

Go to Top of Page

scorpyshake
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  12:26:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the baby your getting from procorns, such a beauty, those little hides are very cute too, the whole setup looks lovely and I'm sure they will be very happy with you :)

0.0.1 Amel
0.0.1 Snow
1.1.0 Bloodred/diffussed
1.0.0 English Mastiff x Rottweiller
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  17:21:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys

I'm glad you approve on the set up, these will be the first hatchlings I have so I wanted to do my best for them. Although Apollo wasn't very big when I got him (yearling but only 17g!).

I made the hides myself I can always make more when they grow out of them.

Amanda, I have faith that you'll get her eating nicely before it's time for her new home.

The Hypo Diffused from Procorns is arriving on Wednesday morning! Very excited to see if he is as gorgeous in the flesh as he in the picture.

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000