Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 My babies after second shed (first with me)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sleeper341
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2012 :  11:28:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally got round to taking some pictures of my new babies! They are about 2 months old and I've had them at home with me for just over a week now.
First up is Cyrus (the Virus, male pewter) he has just had his first shed with me. The first pic was washed out with the flash but the second looks better. My worry with him is that he hasn't eaten since the 11th July and he didn't eat after his shed.

Next up is Daenerys (Game of Thrones reference if anyone here watched it. Dani for short, Female caramel). She has just gone in to blue but still seems to have a nice colour so I'm really looking forward to seeing her after she sheds! She hasn't eaten since the 6th July so I hope she eats after she sheds. Them not eating is my only worry, but I'm sure they'll be fine.

1.1.0 cats (Lavender and Bertie)
1.1.0 Corns (Cyrus, Pewter and Daenerys, Caramel)

Sleeper341
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2012 :  12:59:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay, Cyrus just ate his first pinkie with me :) I tried putting him in a small tub with the pinkie and woohoo he ate it! so pleased with him. now i'll wait for Dani to shed and try her the same way.

Go to Top of Page

viraleye
Yearling

United Kingdom
695 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2012 :  13:33:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They're awesome!

Love the Cyrus name too ;-)

1.0.0 Cyrus - Amel het Anery ph Hypo - CURRENTLY AWOL
0.1.0 Diamond - Avalanche ph Charcoal, Hypo
1.0.0 Garland - Bloodred het Hypo
1.0.0 Pinball - Carolina
0.1.0 Casey - Hypo Lavender Stripe het Amel
0.0.1 - No Name Yet - Crested Gecko
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2012 :  16:39:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pretty, love the name Cyrus too

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Lozzy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1556 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2012 :  17:15:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very cute snakeys and yay for the feeding! :)

0.1 CB10 Snow Cornsnake - Galaxy ~(Currently MIA)
1.0 CB11 Ultramel Anery Consnake -Orion
0.1 CB11 Lavender Cornsnake - Star
0.1 Leopard Gecko-Simo
1.1 Jack Russell-T.J and Harley (Minature)
1.1 Cats-Rascal and Dizzee
1.0 TB Horse-Mickey
Go to Top of Page

343guiltyspark
Hatchling

United Kingdom
451 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2012 :  17:59:53  Show Profile  Visit 343guiltyspark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They are gorgeous!

Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2012 :  18:08:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
beautiful snakies, hope feeding goes well with dani

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2012 :  18:18:01  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lovely snakes

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

Sleeper341
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2012 :  18:33:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone. I can't wait for Dani to eat, it will be a relief.

Go to Top of Page

Sleeper341
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  12:39:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a little update, Dani shed the night before last (all complete) and she ate her first pinkie in a month today so really pleased with her. Can't wait to start handling them now! just have to wait a couple of days with Dani. I tried handling Cyrus today but he was so skittish, he really didn't want to be held. He just jumped out of my hand in to his viv so i'll leave him for a couple of days to calm down before I try again. any handling tips would be welcomed, he just seems to run away as soon as he notices the viv door opening so i have to get him out of a hiding place if i wnt to hold him which freaks him out!

Go to Top of Page

alib
Hatchling

United Kingdom
143 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  21:25:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey I have just got my firat corn and going through the first week now. Mine is always in his hide and seems very scared it waa born 6th June and also just had his shed with me a few days back. Going to try and feed him in a small tub as well as I don't want to feed him in his Viv. Does yours come put their hides when you are about? Nice looking snakes by the way :)
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  22:14:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great that they are feeding again and both growing well, sometimes it just takes time for them to settle properly.

Regarding handling, gentle perseverance is the way forward. Once you have them out, handle them quietly and softly until they are calm, them put them back. They will soon become used to it.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  22:28:13  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great snakes! Caramels are awesome to watch growing. :D

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

Sleeper341
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  09:57:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alib

Hey I have just got my firat corn and going through the first week now. Mine is always in his hide and seems very scared it waa born 6th June and also just had his shed with me a few days back. Going to try and feed him in a small tub as well as I don't want to feed him in his Viv. Does yours come put their hides when you are about? Nice looking snakes by the way :)

If mine are out and roaming around their viv and then they see me the slither away and hide but do poke their heads out to see whats happening but back away if i get too close.

I used a butter tub (you know the spreadable butter type stuff) with a few holes stabbed through the lid. I defrosted the pinkie for about 2 hours in its little foil bag (get mine from big pet store) then when i am ready I put the bag in to a little bowl of just boiled water for about 30 seconds or so to warm up the pinkie and then i get it out of the bag with my forceps and drop it in the tub. I then put snakie in and shut the lid and wait. Both ate within 20 mins of being put in the box.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000