Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2012 :  20:37:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can I just say that the absolute most helpful part of this thread to me was: For the record, all these snakes are between 6 and 8 weeks old and hadn't eaten a thing since hatching.

Our new CRB still hasn't eaten yet (according to her records she had 3 feeds before we got her) and we've been getting really worried, and hubby has been thinking that surely after more than 3 weeks at such a young age we must be getting close to the 'trying assist feeding' point or risk her dying. Thanks to you pointing out that the corns went 6-8 weeks before you tried I am now happy that we have a few weeks longer to try different methods before needing to resort to assisting, especially as she has fed previously.

Thank you for posting this thread SB, and fingers crossed your little snakeys go on to thrive (such a beautiful stripe too!)

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2012 :  11:16:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sleeper341

quote:
Originally posted by mkmattyk

sleeper, corns can go weeks/months without and this should only be done as a last resort, ive seen my reptile friends do it, but i wouldnt really try myself

I know they can, I didn't say i was going to assist feed them, just try and feed them again. I'm pretty sure that they are still just settling in and destressing as I've only had them at home for a week. One is also in blue so thats probably why he isn't eating.

I am just a first time snake owner worrying a little as they haven't eaten for about a month. I know deep down there's nothing to worry about yet.

Patience................

Heya, no reason why you can't try a feed when they are in shed, some eat, some don't.

Most of the pewter clutch are now going into shed, not sure about the other clutch tbh as the only ones I have left are the 2 non-feeders that aren't for sale yet and because they have only had 1 feed they probably aren't going to shed until they do a fair bit more eating/growing.

When I fed the pewter clutch the other night there were 4 that were in shed, 2 ate, 2 didn't.

Be patient, and try to avoid handling the babies until they get eating again.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000