Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  21:16:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EASY PEASY LOL.

New 9 litre rub

Fangalang (the new Skrilex song)

The big ginge

The move passed off without drama, this is one of my more calm Tarantulas.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  21:26:33  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fangs for the update on the accommodation, Bob.

Glad it went smoothly.

1.0.0: Miami Normal: Taggart
0.0.1: Carolina Normal: Wee Woody
0.0.1: Grey Rat Snake: Mirkey
0.0.1: Amel Corn: Blaze
1.0.0: Carpet Python: Vambo
0.0.1: MBK: Fester
0.0.1: Florida King Snake : Rattler (Rattle & Hum)
0.0.1. California King Snake: El Diablo Diego
0.2.0 Tarantulas : Ermintrude & Euphemia.
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  22:36:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Auld Baldy

Fangs for the update on the accommodation, Bob.

*groans*

wow looks huge

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

SteGore
Yearling

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2012 :  00:03:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a beaut.How big will he/she grow and how powerful is the venom?

2.2.2.Corns-0.2.0.Cali Kings-0.1.0.MBK-1.0.0.Pastel Boa-1.0.0.CCP-0.1.0.Royal-1.0.0 BRB-0.1.0.Spotted Python-0.1.0.Olive Python-0.1.0.Trinket Snake.-1.0.0.Peppermint Pacman Frog-0.2.0.Train Millipedes-0.1.0.Armoured bush Cricket-2.GALS.6 Albino GALS-6 Pancake Slugs.1.Green Mantis.0.1.0.Shi-tzhu cross.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2012 :  00:52:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They grow to about 5 inches so they aren't huge spiders he/she is maybe about half way there.

Venom wise I have no personal experience of this thank goodness but the bite itself is supposed to be like a bee sting but this species is well known for repeated bites. The pain arrives about 15-30 minutes after the bite as the venom goes to work it is supposed to feel like fire a very intense burning creeping from the bite sight which can last a few days. Oh yeah lets not forget the cramps all over your body that can affect you for a few weeks.

So yeah a bite from one of these is not a pleasant experience but they can dry bite too though most will drool venom when they feel threatened. I have never seen this one show any aggression, it is more likely to run back to its burrow, I use a straw (2 straws actually stuck together) when I need to manipulate her though, keep me well back as they are lightening fast and they are quite capable of jumping too, I've seen it, I had one before that died during a moult it was mental and would attack anything that moved, this one is very laid back and will calmly walk in whichever direction I usher her in. Doesn't stop me being cautious though.

I think the strong venom issue is less of a problem than my Chilean and Salmon Pink for example, they flick hairs when threatened and its really hard to avoid and really itchy, my Salmon got my hand when I was cleaning her, itchy rash for days and strong duct tape to remove the barbs. Not pleasant.

Tarantulas are great though.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2012 :  12:16:49  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
glad it went smoothly for you moving it, our first obt decided to zoom everywhere but inside the housing!! scared the living daylights outta me.. there so fast but very pretty spiders i will admit.. thankfully the one we have now is a lil calmer :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000