Caramel Morphs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

insy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  02:34:06  Show Profile  Click to see insy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Sorry to bug everyone but i wish to pick someones brains, i'm looking to get my first corn snake and I've fell in love with caramel morphs.

My question is my first corn snake i want to be a Female Caramel Motley but after being given a link to genetics i have a question, when purchasing a Caramel Motley is there a way to tell if its possible a Pure Caramel Motley with no hets or a Caramel Motley with possibility of hets?

I know i'm thinking to much into this but it's always nice to know what i'm buying to start with.

If I've got any of this wrong please correct me, don't be to harsh but make sure you get my attention :D everyone has to learn somewhere.

Hope this makes sense.
Thanks

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  07:33:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
these days i'm afraid there will be no guarantee it doesn't have any hets unless you know the breeder and he knows all the het of his breeding stock

Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  07:59:57  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good choice with the Caramot!

Most het markers effect the belly checkers, and a Caramel Motley wont have these.

Unles you plan on breeding, hets wont matter!

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

insy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  09:59:32  Show Profile  Click to see insy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the quick response.

Thanks for the heads up on the belly pattern that will help me a little, what would you say is the going rate these days for a Female Caramel or a Female Caramel Motley?

I do really like the Honey morph cornsnakes but i have a feeling there not that common and a wee bit expensive :P

Thaks
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  11:39:24  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Prices vary from place to place, pet shops will charge you a hell of a lot more than a breeder, if it helps i think i paid £50 for my caramel stripe last year (dam sexy girlie)

a caramel im sure ive seen them for roughly between £20-£30 ish does depend if your looking for a hatchie or adult though?

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

insy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  12:14:51  Show Profile  Click to see insy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm looking for hatchlings, nothing better than watching them grow from a wee baby :D.

I got quoted £50 for a caramel hatchling and by the price you've told me and prices others have told em it seems a tad high, not in no rush as i want to find one they appeals to me.

you know any breeders in south east UK that sell caramel/caramel motley/caramel stripe morphs?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  12:22:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Insy, there are plenty around. Your best bet is to go to the Kempton Park show next month- that's a good show and will be plenty there.

Failing that, if you want to wait until Christmas, I'm hoping to produce Caramels, Caramel Stripes and Caramel Stripe Tesseras (along with Butter's of both).

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

insy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  12:35:55  Show Profile  Click to see insy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks i do believe i have a weekend metal detecting rally booked for that entire weekend, ill have to check my dates on calender.

Well like i said i'm not in a huge rush tbh, i want to do a bit more reading on snake keeping in general.

But your morphs sound very nice :D, i might pop down to cold blooded in Rainham next week have a look about there since a lot of people have recommended the reptile shop.

Ill bookmark this thread anyway because you never know in 5 months time i may want another corn if i get hooked :D.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  13:24:06  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There isn't much corn-wise in Coldblooded at the moment (was there earlier this week!).

But they might get more in a month or 2.

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

insy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  13:35:02  Show Profile  Click to see insy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
:'( oh well ill have to be patient :D

I have seem some caramels, caramel motleys for sale for £35 but there in cardiff area :P bit far from essex haha.

Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  14:50:56  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is hatching season, so I'm sure people are getting them ready to be sold.

Apart from Kempton on the 19th August, there is another show in Chelsford on 30th Sept, if that isn't too far. I got my caramel and anery there last year for £15 each.

Go to Top of Page

insy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  15:03:30  Show Profile  Click to see insy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wow got any pictures of your caramels? so i can drool :D

thanks
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  17:39:23  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just the one caramel. Pics are from 2 months old in sept '11, until quite recently.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150403604109289.407730.632629288&type=3

Go to Top of Page

insy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  18:44:48  Show Profile  Click to see insy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Stunning! the female caramel i saw in store was a much lighter colour more yellowish/lighter brown than yours but apart from darker shade the same.

Do you breed that one this year? if so what did you breed with?
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  18:59:25  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dancross0

...Most het markers effect the belly checkers...

het markers don't exist in corns, all morphs are either recessive or dominant. If a het affects how a snake looks (and looks different again in homozygous form) then its a codominant morph.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory

Edited by - eeji on 06/07/2012 18:59:59
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  19:31:11  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by insy

Stunning! the female caramel i saw in store was a much lighter colour more yellowish/lighter brown than yours but apart from darker shade the same.

Do you breed that one this year? if so what did you breed with?

She is a long way off from breeding condition, not even 100grams, or even a year old yet!

How old was the one you saw? Their colours change quite a bit as they age...

Go to Top of Page

insy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  19:35:53  Show Profile  Click to see insy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
She was fairly big, i would say it was possible a 2ft tank and she was coiled up at least 2 lengths of tank so 3ft+ and maybe 1-1.5"diameter that i could see so she was probably a few years old at least.

They wanted £85-95 for her i believe if i was looking for a adult i would be tempted but i want a cute little hatchling.
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  22:05:03  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Jamie at Cymru Corns has got a honey for sale at the moment for £80 if you are interested.

http://www.cymru-corns.com/for-sale.php

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000