Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BayBeeCorns
Egg

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2012 :  19:58:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again!
As you may have read Aphrodite laid 7 eggs on Wednesday, unfortunately only 2 were fertile
The problem is, the two fertile ones are attached to a slug. It is definitely a slug as it has already started to smell and could not see any veins when a torch was held up to it (unlike the fertile ones).

I have just read a post that said a few of their fertile ones had gone bad as they were attached to a slug and the mold spread...

I don't know what to do
This is my first ever clutch (Aphrodite's second).
Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Racy-mac
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2012 :  20:29:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is my first year breeding too. My first clutch has some infertile eggs attached to fertile one and I was told by more experienced breeders that there will be no arm too the good eggs. It safer to leave them then try and separate them. I've left mine and the fertile eggs are still looking nice a fertile. But like I said this is my first year too. Good luck :)
Go to Top of Page

Racy-mac
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2012 :  20:30:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is my first year breeding too. My first clutch has some infertile eggs attached to fertile one and I was told by more experienced breeders that there will be no arm too the good eggs. It safer to leave them then try and separate them. I've left mine and the fertile eggs are still looking nice a fertile. But like I said this is my first year too. Good luck :)
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2012 :  21:06:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nothing you can do as they are attached, the infertile ones shouldnt really cause any harm to the fertile ones

Go to Top of Page

booteylu
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2012 :  21:17:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is true that a fertile egg should not be affected by bad eggs that are attached
Some of our eggs went bad so we kinda covered the bad ones in vermiculite (this may not be possible depending on the location of the bad eggs)
(Our bad eggs were at the bottom of the clutch of eggs)
Putting sphagnum moss over the eggs is supposed to inhibit mould growth and also keeps humidity levels good

0.1.0 Carolina Corn - Eva
1.0.0 Butter Stripe - Butter
Go to Top of Page

BayBeeCorns
Egg

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2012 :  16:35:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Racy-mac

Thank you, and you too!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000