New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KyleMcdee123
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  23:52:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
trying to convince my parents to get me another snake,i have had 5 in the past, 2 kings a royal python and 2 corn snakes,i just want a hatchling corn snake to get me back into them,im currently building a vivarium for a hatchling,my mum is just scared but ive been aloud them in the past,i just want one snake so i spend all my time on that instead of having alot of reptiles and having to worry about them all,im going to buy all the equipment,and go to the arbroath petshop frequently with my mum,any other segestions? cheers

Kyle McDonald

KyleMcdee123
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2012 :  20:36:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anything?

Kyle McDonald
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2012 :  20:50:10  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What happened to the previous snakes you kept?

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

Elicia
Hatchling

222 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2012 :  21:05:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe wait until you are a grown up and have your own place (im presuming you live with parents and are of a young age?) and a job and can fund your hobby and not have to ask permission.

So where did the other snakes go to?

Normal Corn-Percy
Speckled King-Bumblebee
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2012 :  21:18:57  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Donnie

What happened to the previous snakes you kept?

Wondering this myself...

Your young, do you know what you are going to be doing with life in x amount of years time, uni, ect, perhaps thats why your parents said no.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

KyleMcdee123
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2012 :  22:01:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my first king snake we were ment to have for 2 weeks while this guy went on holiday we ended up keeping it for three year,then he took it back,my second king,escaped and fell of our 5 foot bunker,it was only there while i was moving my room around,and it was big enough to be moved into the new 4ft tank,but it pushed the vent threw as i had it on the wrong way,and it had fallen and died,and my first corn was a sub adult and was vicous,i tried for help for it,and handled it but never got better,then i put up on gumtree for anyone to help out,and someone came and bought it then i got a corn snake from reptile shack in arbraoth but it wouldnt eat,its not that am incapable of looking after them as i have had a snake since i was 4,im 15,my uncle loves snakes,so it wouldnt be a problem if i was going on holiday or so,will carry on with my vivarium build as they are thinking about it.

Kyle McDonald
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2012 :  22:17:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
personally i would wait to get another snake, you dont seem to have the best of luck with them. they can live for 15+ years. maybe you should wait until you know where your life is heading before embarking in a long term pet.i got mine in december and my circumstance have changed and i am having to rehome half my animals.

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000