New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TOM_BEASTY
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  21:17:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was wondering how everyone feeds their corns, as Freddy strike-feeds, and do you ever change the food once or twice in a blue moon for variation in the diet... if so what?

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  21:28:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Goonie and Sparrow are the only ones of mine not to strike feed now.... shy little ladies - they like to take their time
Everyone usually gets large/medium mice, but they'll get rat pups or chicks to mix it up a bit too. Felix LOVES chicks
Go to Top of Page

cobweb251
Hatchling

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2012 :  09:40:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
albi use to take it easy but i encourage him to strike feed now gives him some exercise. He is about 61cm and 56g at the moment so too small for a variety. But everything they need is in the mice. I have heard rats, chicks, and fertalised quail eggs (shop bought ones offer no nutritional value) can be offered. but mice are what is best for them. hope this helps

Go to Top of Page

MissSnakeHandler
Hatchling

United Kingdom
105 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2012 :  09:55:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
slash zepplin and my new addition halen, all three are on mice.. mice are full of calcium which is vital for snakes..
i say stick with mice they always appriciate a good mouse lol

i take them out of the viv for feeding, as i dont want the mouse having substrate attated to it. plus i have to separate them for feeding.

i lay the mouse down on a big plate, then i hold the snake untill they strike, sometimes they move round it slowly smelling it and poking it with their nose then choose when they want to open there mouth to eat it.

then once they have moved the entire mouse half way down their body and put their jaws back in place, start flicking the tounge. i lift them from the bump where the mouse is to give the snake support in this area and gently put them back in the viv. :)

Edited by - MissSnakeHandler on 15/06/2012 09:56:39
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2012 :  18:10:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the viv or tub, all strike feed bar 1, mainly mice for the little 'uns but the bigger ones also get rats and chicks.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000