Mayday mayday big problem.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  20:41:37  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think silva is gravid. And there be a chance they could be fertile.. I can fill around 12 egg shaped lumps going along her belly. When clear her viv out. I put her in with simon the stripe. But i kept an eye on them even took the hide out so they couldnt hide and get up to cuddles. i no it was wrong but i didnt see anything happen. My gf kept an eye on her when i left the room for a couple of seconds.

Here are her stats

8/1/2012: 130g 2ft 6 inches
26/3/2012: 182g and 2ft 8inches
31/5/2012: 237g and 3ft 0 inches
Today 11/6/2012 245g and 3ft 2inches

Im going get her checked tomoz. But she even refused a feed tonight. And it was a small mouse normally she eats mediums/ large.

Help advise please.

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  20:51:27  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry but putting a male and female in together for any period of time is an accident waiting to happen regardless of how much you think you are watching them. To risk it with an undersize female is just stupid.

Saying that, I really hope she is ok for you and that you haven't stunted her growth.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  20:58:40  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Shes 2 years old and simon is a year. So i STUPIDLY thought nothing would happen ive tried him with my shelly with no result. So i presumed that he wasnt active. But as u said and i admit it was stupid but what can i do now.

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  21:00:47  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How long ago was it they were in same viv?

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  21:04:50  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
About a month ago. Thing is she is also due to shed in about. 2/3 weeks so that will also be roughly 45 days after them being together. Meaning that may end up being her prenatual shed aswell

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  21:37:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
all you can do is keep an eye on her. if she keps refusing food i'd put a lay box in with her after her shed

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  21:44:44  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Im panicing now. She is growing at such a quick rate. I was looking forward to next year but now this may have been scarificed because of a moment of stupidity

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  21:44:53  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Guess they could be slugs if you think they havent mated, hope shes ok and that it.doesn't make her a titch.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  21:55:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no point panicking,like i say just keep an eye on her. i'm sure she'll be fine

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  22:06:34  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Guess they could be slugs if you think they havent mated, hope shes ok and that it.doesn't make her a titch.

I doubt she'll be a titch she grew so quick this time last year she weighed 50g and was just over a foot long. But i just dont want her to get egg bound.

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  22:16:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marc this happened with your other corns, you need to either start being more careful or stop putting them together deliberately to see what happens. I don't want to sound like im telling you how to keep your own pets, but its irresponsible to let this happen for a second time.

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  22:28:30  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It didnt happen with one of my corns ive only ever bred shelly and sid. And i didnt deliberately put her there to see what happen. If u remember rightly i put two females in the same viv (shelly and silva) To clean a tank and shelly started her mating dance. So i asked if that was normal. For a female to give another female the come on. That i dont see as being irresponsible as i said previously, i kept an eye on her when in with a yealing male. I dont appreciate some one calling me irresponsible when i kept an eye on her and my gf kept an eye. I took all hides out so it was a bare viv with them in sight at all times and also said above nothing happened with them when they were togther. I dont actually know if she is gravid it just fills possible

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY

Edited by - marc_sg on 11/06/2012 22:44:58
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  22:33:24  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And the only other time was when i put ahelly and sid in the same tank back in december. She i big enough and is 5years old so that wasnt irresponsible coz she is more than able to breed as that was her second breed pairing at the age of 5 and i asked if it was ok to breed at that time of year

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY

Edited by - marc_sg on 11/06/2012 22:39:14
Go to Top of Page

ashby_steve
Hatchling

United Kingdom
258 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  23:02:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
probably a phantom pregnancy?
females will often lay a clutch of infertile eggs for reasons unknown to me lol
that said, its not great when they're the size of Silva.

a female i used to own did it at around the same size and luckily she passed them all through and hasn't suffered with any size defects

best of luck.

Edited by - ashby_steve on 11/06/2012 23:03:00
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  23:03:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Getting her checked isn't going to do much tbh, other than stress her out. You put her in with a male, she is putting on weight, refusing feeds and you can feel lumps- sounds gravid.

Keep offering small meals, fuzzies if need be, or add reptoboost to her water so she still has things going into her. Provide a nesting box, and then I would advise you to leave her well alone- don't handle her, don't fuss her, just leave her be. She's too young and small to breed really, so don't give her any other reason to end up eggbound.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  23:13:49  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This will probably sound proverted is the a lube that you could possibly use. I had a phantom pregnacy with shelly when she was silvas age. I onestly think her encounter with simon was not un supervised at anytime door open and lights on my gf knew what to watch for and she insists still ive just asked her silva aparently spent ost her time up on a branch

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  08:03:14  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think for now all you can do is wait and see and make sure that you are able to deal with whatever happens. There is another possibility and that is that she is just ovulating. Carmellia got me last year. Just after I had dealt with Connie having her infertile clutch, I felt bumps all along Carmellia and she rapidly put on weight. I was worried I was going to have an infertile clutch from her too. After a few weeks the bumps went down so i assume she was just ovulating. She was the same age and probably about the same weight as Silva too. I would just keep her as quiet and stress free as you can until you know for definite. Make sure you have access to funds incase you need any vet treatment. It cost me the best part of £300 when Connie got eggbound this year and mine is a very reasonable vets.

I think from now on you really need to rethink what you do with your snakes while you clean them out as putting them in with another is just not a good idea. I have 3 rubs that I use to put my snakes in while I clean them out. They have a towel in there so they can hide or have fun exploring all the folds.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

smokeysfc
Egg

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2012 :  14:35:17  Show Profile  Click to see smokeysfc's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
im new to corns but i no do not put opposite sexs together if your cleaning her or him out put in a seperate box or let your gf handle her or him and dont put the girls together as one is smaller than the other and might get hurt im not having ago at you but trying to help i hope your female is ok and isnt egg bound

[/URL]
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2012 :  15:29:25  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smokeysfc

im new to corns but i no do not put opposite sexs together if your cleaning her or him out put in a seperate box or let your gf handle her or him and dont put the girls together as one is smaller than the other and might get hurt im not having ago at you but trying to help i hope your female is ok and isnt egg bound

She might be a bit small but its only about a couple of inches. And yea im buying a rub to have handy

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

Isoldael
Yearling

Netherlands
999 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2012 :  16:47:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not just length that matters though, her weight seems quite low for her to be producing eggs. I'll keep my fingers crossed for her, and good luck to you too.

1.0 anery stripe (Nash)
1.0 hypo pewter (Loki)
1.0 bloodred het amel, charcoal, hypo, stripe 50% phet anery, lavender (Kasumi)
0.1 grey background normal het amel (Saphira)
0.1 tessera het amel, anery, stripe (Lilith)
0.1 amel (Aurora)
0.1 hypo bloodred het anery, charcoal, stripe 50% phet amel, lavender (Mara)
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2012 :  16:54:45  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Isoldael

Not just length that matters though, her weight seems quite low for her to be producing eggs. I'll keep my fingers crossed for her, and good luck to you too.

Thank you

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000