Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2012 :  21:42:45  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Just be prepared, Dial 9, 9 then handle the snake. Now you only have to dial that final 9! It should save vital seconds.

Ive said it before il say it again this forum seriously needs a like button PMSL!!

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Zee94
Egg

74 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  15:58:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
loool Ive been trying to get my corn to bite me so i know what it feels like, shes only 9months old and she hasnt struck at me or bitten me. goes to show her good character I guess, and yes im an idiot for trying to get her to bite me hahaha
Go to Top of Page

MissSnakeHandler
Hatchling

United Kingdom
105 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  16:32:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the more your snake is handled the quicker he/she will get used to you and your scent.
corns snakes are told to be the best first time snake for anyone and they dont say that for no reason. my snakes have ever bitten me, and never shown signs of aggression except the occasinal tail rattle from slash when she was a hatchie. but my friends corn acted just like yours then once my friend had him for a month or so and was handling at least half hour every day.. they quickly get used to you. just dont be afraid to handle him, be confident your bite is worse than theres and so ive heard from many people the bite doesnt even hurt, its the shock that is the jumpy part lol! :)

Go to Top of Page

AcidicAngel
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1212 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  16:59:30  Show Profile  Click to see AcidicAngel's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've been bitten by an adult black rat snake and didn't know till I looked back and she was latched onto my arm... I've also been bitten by a 2ft Royal Python, a 2-3ft Common Boa and a 3ft Bairds rat snake. The worst was the Royal because she really went for it, latched and dug deep in.

Like I say, I didn't even feel the bite of the Black Rat snake and she was fully grown so a corn bite shouldn't hurt at all. Never been bitten by a corn myself but as other's have said, no pain no gain :)

Corn Snakes.
1.0 Butter - Cereus.
1.0 Caramel Stripe het Amel - Vladimir.
0.1 Normal het Amel, Caramel, Hypo - Amara.
0.1 Masque het Amel, Anery, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, Lavender, Stripe - Aurelia.
1.0 Masque Anery het Amel, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, lavender, Stripe - Orion.
Leopard Gecko's.
Too many to list!!
Rat Snake.
1.0 Yellow Rat Snake - Leviathan(Levi)
Western Hognoses
1.0 Normal 50% poss het Frosted(Dutch Hypo, Caramel) - Thorne.
0.1 Frosted - Rose.
1.0 Anaconda het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Titan.
0.1 Normal het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Nyx.
R.I.P Pandora & Sakana, entwined in my heart forever my darlings.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  21:19:33  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I once died from a cornsnake bite, true story bro.

Full grow corn bites don't hurt, the speed those just surprises you! I'm terrible with pain and if I don't think it hurts, it doesn't hurt :p

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000