New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Andrea49
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  21:18:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just checked on Kelloggs.. His colour is really dull and his eyes have gone blue.. I think this could be his first shed with us! Other than increasing the humidity is there anything I can do to help his first shed with us?

Thanks in advance

1.0 'Normal' corn - Kelloggs

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  21:30:21  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When mine go blue eyed there cool end hide gets swopped for a moss hide, an warm hide is removed completely. That way I know they will go into moss hide.

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  23:01:03  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My shelly has literally just she the shed measures up at 5.3ft and 1.25" think lol good luck

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  23:43:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unless he's known to be a problem shedder, I wouldn't bother doing anything really. Most corns shed easy peasy without any additional humidity or mosshides, but I suppose it's personal choice. I've never done anything humidity wise when my derps have been shedding, and they all shed perfectly. The only 'bad' shed I've ever had was with my Snow, but that was actually case of her being super lazy, rubbing the head off and then going for a nap lol, it was easy enough to do it myself, talk about spoilt
Go to Top of Page

Andrea49
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  09:01:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He had a bit of a bad shed last time and we ended up bathing him to help him out. I think I'll increase humidity to help make it easier this time and then maybe leave him next time. Play it by ear I think :)

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  15:50:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If there has been a bas shed, moss hide, my Kellogs loves a moss hide! just take it out as soon as shed

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Andrea49
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  18:04:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it was a bad shed due to moving - we picked him up not long after he started to shed. I didn't know any wiser and the owner thought it was ok. The same guy who didn't have a thermostat or thermometers in the viv. Needless to say I've sorted all that out for him the day after I joined here and realised how important it was!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000