New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ozzz123
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  19:40:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im already thinking about gettin another corn (I've only had my first for 48 hours!) I've heard that two females is okay but what about two males?

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  19:42:53  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I suggest you have a read of this before you make a decision on co-habiting

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1070

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  20:07:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No one will dare answer this I bet ;)
controversial..

But if you do decide to do it, just make sure you have the correct set up
ie. lots of hides on both warm and cold side, same size snakes and maybe introduce them slowly.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do x

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)
1 very needy staffy (Coco)

Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  20:15:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
am not too sure on this but there could be an issue when its breeding season? would definaly give the co habiting thread a read.

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  20:16:23  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i know its pages and pages, but it will be invaluable

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  23:45:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally, I'd give males a miss when it comes to cohabiting. This is purely because when breeding season comes about, males have something to erm... stick in each other, and well, I can imagine that in the state they get into, it wouldn't be a hardship for one of them to confuse the other for a lady, if you uh... get my drift >___>
Go to Top of Page

Dalymad2
Hatchling

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  07:36:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I kept two males together for a year with no problems , they now are housed seperatly, not because we had any problrems but because of what i have read. What you have to think is if this doesn`t work out do i have the space for two vivs as they get older, can i afford two viv set ups, but most importantley the welfare of the snakes. This realy is up to you as it is such a controversial subject and the for`s are for and the no`s are no.Good luck with whatever you decide.

1.0.0 CORN- FRED ( CAROLINA)
1.0.0 CORN- BARNEY (CAROLINA)
0.1.0 CORN- SNOWDROP (SNOW)
1.0.0 DALMATIAN- SOLO
0.1.0 DALMATIAN- METOO
0.1.0 COLLIE CROSS- LILY
0.1.0 CAT-SOOKIE
0.1.0 AFRICAN GREY PARROT- SPIRIT
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  07:58:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rather than be somebody who answers with no personal experience on this subject as a lot seem to do, I am experimenting with a couple of my girls at present. For the last 3 months my 2 caramels have been together and carefully observed. Nothing I have observed would worry me in the slightest, they sleep together, they sleep separately, they obviously feed separately but at the same time and are placed back in the viv at the same time. Although I wouldn't put very young hatchlings together or males at any age from what I have seen so far it's all positive.

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  15:15:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Okeetee Mick

Rather than be somebody who answers with no personal experience on this subject as a lot seem to do, I am experimenting with a couple of my girls at present.

Girls aint no trouble, so long as you judge them correctly. My Snow and Amel girls have been together since they were yearlings, absolutely no issues. Once they're too big to both fit in the same 3ft, they'll be separated.
However, I'm only happy to keep those two together because they're so laid back. I wouldn't co-hab my fire female with any other females because she's so skittish and would stress terribly.

So yes, some of us do have some experience with this ;)
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  17:32:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly, some do but if you read the 17 pages of posts on this subject you will find many dont, that's the point I am making, you will read all sorts of reasons why shouldn't from people who have no idea or personal experience. If I was referring to you I would have quoted you!

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

Ozzz123
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  18:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that I don't think I'll house two snakes together :) my mum just said to me today i can't get another corn for a year :( I'll try my best on convicting her that two is just as easy as one :)
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  20:34:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Okeetee Mick

Exactly, some do but if you read the 17 pages of posts on this subject you will find many dont, that's the point I am making, you will read all sorts of reasons why shouldn't from people who have no idea or personal experience. If I was referring to you I would have quoted you!

Ah, gotcha! I don't tend to look at the cohabiting thread anymore, read it through ages ago, forgot all about the content lol My apologies :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000