New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

williamwallsend
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  19:09:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

i have just bought a corn snake off a friend. I bought a female corn who has just laid eggs 3 months ago and she just doesnt want to eat. she has eaten since she laid eggs, but ive had problems with feeding here since ive had her which is about a month now. she was meant to be eating large mice but ive went through a good few and just no joy. I seen another friend who gave me a bag of 50ish pinkies so i thawed out 6 and she has eaten 3... is this normal? i thought she would well be out of brumation period and yes, everything within the viv is fine and i think she has well settled in.

0.1.0 staffy
0.1.8 corns
0.1.0 fiancee

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  19:11:59  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
when you say shes settled did you leave her for a week no feeding no handling? if shes laid this year i believe they often go off their food a bit

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

williamwallsend
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  19:15:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes i left her alone for roughly 5 days, apart from changing the water dish, and started handling her for a few minutes then gettin a bit longer every other day... she seems relaxed enough, what you say about them going off their food for a bit sounds reassuring... at least shes eaten 3 pinkies today though. thanks.

0.1.0 staffy
0.1.8 corns
0.1.0 fiancee
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  19:16:53  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i think thats the case not 100% sure though :P

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

williamwallsend
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  19:18:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks anyways, like i say, at least she has had 3 pinkies lol

0.1.0 staffy
0.1.8 corns
0.1.0 fiancee
Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  21:30:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
try her on a small mouse next time,then gradually build the food size up

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  00:08:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pinkies aren't really much good for a female that has recently laid eggs, they need calcium and pinkies aren't high in that. I would say it is something relating to the move rather than laying that has put her off eating. double check your temperatures, make sure she feels secure with at least 2 appropriately sized hides, if it has lights on through the day, turn them off (unless its a heat source then think about switching to IR), its best to go quiet, dark and no handling until she starts to feed properly, she obviously has a desire to eat but maybe doesn't want to commit to digesting a big meal as she doesn't feel safe.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

williamwallsend
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  12:34:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah makes sense thanks, shes changing colour so is started her shedding process, il try her on a medium mouse after she has shed.

0.1.0 staffy
0.1.8 corns
0.1.0 fiancee
Go to Top of Page

williamwallsend
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  12:02:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JUST FOUND 6 SIX EGGS THIS MORNING WHEN IVE CHECKED ON HER, MORE TO COME, OBVIOUSLY A 2ND CLUTCH. SHE HAS SHED ABOUT 10 DAYS AGO, I BELIEVE ALL IS SAFE AND WELL, EGGS TO BE INCUBATED WHEN LAST OF THEM COME OUT, JUST GONNA LEAVE HER ALONE FOR A BIT AS SHE LOOKS STRESSED.

0.1.0 staffy
0.1.8 corns
0.1.0 fiancee
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000