3 year old corn angry and restless
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elfberg
Snake Mite

9 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  02:03:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had Butters for a couple of years now and he has always been super relaxed and friendly and never rattled or tried to bite me etc. But in the last week or so he had become both angry and restless! Every time I walk in the room he rattles his tail, he doesn't want to come out of his viv so iv left him. He is also so so restless and going up and down all night pushing his nose on the glass to try and get out and generally running amok in there when normally he is very relaxed and happy to chill out in his hides.

I fed him 5 days ago, he has passed waste fine. Temp is fine. He shed about 12 days ago so it's not that. He seems healthy to me aside from his behaviour... So what's up with my little guy :( it's so sad to see him so angry and tetchy and uncomfortable. Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated.

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  02:13:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does he live by himself?
You hear a lot about snakes being sold as the wrong sex, if he's had access to another snake perhaps he is actually a she and is gravid?
just a thought lol.

Or similarly, it could have something to do with it being breeding season (although it is a little late now) but maybe he is frustrated because he wants to mate?

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)
1 very needy staffy (Coco)

Go to Top of Page

elfberg
Snake Mite

9 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  10:26:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your reply! He's never had contact with another snake so I don't think it's mistaken sex and therefore anything related to that. Although maybe he is lonely? It's upsetting to see him like this!
Go to Top of Page

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  12:33:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not so much lonely as they are solitary animals, but perhaps randy haha ;)
He'll be okay, my male has a strop some times, he's not the friendliest snake to begin with either lol

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)
1 very needy staffy (Coco)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000