New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jonny89
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2012 :  21:59:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anybody tell me the difference between a Stripe and Vanishing Stripe morph? Other than the Stripe stops somewhere on the body. Is it rarer or just the same morph, heard somebody mention it and Geoffrey's stripe fades away half way down his body so jus want to know what morph he is.

Geoffrey-Stripe Corn Snake
Corby-Coc.ker Spaniel

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2012 :  23:20:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My snake Sarafino's stripe disappears too http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24053 your best bet is to wait to speak to eeji hes good with this sort of stuff :D

Tasha
______
4.0.0 - Corns - Hypo-Lavender (Lucifer), Bubblegum Snow (Houdini), Striped Carolina (Sarafino) and Black Cat (Ralphie)
0.2.0 - Corns - Anertheristic (Valentina), Lavender (Aiyana), Lavender (Di-nixi)
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2012 :  20:15:18  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
a vanishing stripe is a stripe that vanishes

Genetically its the same as a regular stripe, so the 'vanishing' name is all based on peoples opinion of what they should look like.

(and l0lzzz at having to bypass the swear filter in Jonny89's siggy! )

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Jonny89
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2012 :  21:14:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha I know i was shocked at the swear filter picked up on that! I've had a word with the dog to see if he wants to be a different breed but he told me to jog on!!

Thanks for clearing that up and on a closer inspection I think his stripe goes 3/4 of the way down his body

Geoffrey-Stripe Corn Snake
Corby-Coc.ker Spaniel

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000