Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sasimummy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  23:31:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My lil boy.
I think is bout 12/13 months now iv had him for 3 months he a bit moody...doesn't enjoy handling a lot he eats 2 pinky mice twice a wk. Looks fine lil quite. Iv been waiting and waiting but as of yet no shedding getting lil worried any suggestions.

(Not idiot owner) my.ex bought him for my kids no equipment just lil snake in plastic box in my sons bag...idiot ex...my kids were gutted at thought of getting rid so I sorted my head bout viv mice and read loads but I am lil nervy round him. But hate to see him go to sspca so trying hard. Any suggestion advice appreciated. Thanks guys

Sasi :P

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  23:38:22  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome to the forum

Whats your viv set up like for him?
Do you know his weight at all? Are the pinkies leaving much of a lump in him once eaten?

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

viraleye
Yearling

United Kingdom
695 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  06:42:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sasi and welcome to the site!!

If he's 12-13 months he shut at least be on fuzzies - Pinkies dont have much nutrients(i think that's the right word to use). My baby is 9 month old and on one small fuzzie once a week.

If you could get a pic of your snake on your hand it'll give us a good indication of his size and be able to offer better advice. Dont give up :-)

1.0.0 Cyrus - Amel het Anery ph Hypo - CURRENTLY AWOL
0.1.0 Diamond - Avalanche ph Charcoal, Hypo
1.0.0 Garland - Bloodred het Hypo
1.0.0 Pinball - Carolina
0.1.0 Casey - Hypo Lavender Stripe het Amel
0.0.1 - No Name Yet - Crested Gecko

Edited by - viraleye on 17/05/2012 06:50:15
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  07:40:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2 pinky mice twice a wk

The feeding regime is wrong - it's too often to feed a snake twice a week, it will spend it's entire week digesting which will put immense strain on it, you shouldn't handle for 2 days after a feed, so no wonder it doesn't want to be handled!

At that age I would have thought would probably need to be on at least smalls, but would advise upping the feed gradually to let the snake get used to it - try a fuzzy every 6 days for a couple of weeks and then up to a small every week. Don't give up, you just need to get things right and then you'll have a lovely pet - you've come to the right place for advice!

Also have a read through this thread for info on setup to make sure yours is correct regarding temps etc http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9878

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000