Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  22:25:33  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it calmed down abut 5 mins after you left and was just me and one other bloke in there so i got to have a good look at the anery (would have had a good look at the normal stripe but you took it ) and nearly held the jungle carpet python but it was striking at everything and did not fancy getting tagged that day, but a lovely snake

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  22:43:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome x

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

Jonny89
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  22:45:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was looking at the Amels but they were all a lot older than Geoffrey and the female stripe there. He's really quiet at the moment, keeps hiding in his plant but he was soooo lively in the shop

Geoffrey-Stripe Corn Snake
Corby-Coc.ker Spaniel

Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  22:47:47  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He is just settling in, this is normal. As others have said leave him for a week before handling and feeding to let him settle in properly and just go in to change water and spot clean if he poops.

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  22:49:57  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Not sure if you have read it yet but this is a great guide on your set up, definitely worth a read

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9878

edit; correct obvious spelling mistake

Edited by - Donnie on 15/05/2012 22:52:22
Go to Top of Page

Jonny89
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  22:56:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am going to take everyones advice and just leave him to settle in until weekend before handling. He is definitely just adjusting to his new home because, like i said, the main reason i chose him was because of how lively he was.

Corby-Coc.ker Spaniel

Go to Top of Page

Jonny89
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  22:59:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Donnie

Not sure if you have read it yet but this is a great guide on your set up, definitely worth a read

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9878

edit; correct obvious spelling mistake

Thanks yeah I read sooooo much stuff before I took the plunge I really wanted to know exactly what I was getting myself in for owning a snake. That is part of the reason I stumbled across this forum

Corby-Coc.ker Spaniel

Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  23:01:24  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny89

I am going to take everyones advice and just leave him to settle in until weekend before handling. He is definitely just adjusting to his new home because, like i said, the main reason i chose him was because of how lively he was.

It will feel like a long week but well worth the wait

Go to Top of Page

claire_daz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  10:46:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome
Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  10:56:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let us know how you get on Jonny89.

Tasha
______
4.0.0 - Corns - Hypo-Lavender (Lucifer), Bubblegum Snow (Houdini), Striped Carolina (Sarafino) and Black Cat (Ralphie)
0.2.0 - Corns - Anertheristic (Valentina), Lavender (Aiyana), Lavender (Di-nixi)
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  16:05:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya and welcome to the forum :)

Go to Top of Page

eddy_supertramp
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2012 :  08:12:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the guy in the shop said to wait at least 2 weeks before feeding or handling... is this wrong?
Go to Top of Page

Jonny89
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2012 :  08:46:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddy_supertramp

the guy in the shop said to wait at least 2 weeks before feeding or handling... is this wrong?

So much different advice out there. After getting my first snake on Sunday I've come on here and everybody has been excellent. I'd say it's up to your snake, mine is quite shy and only came out of his hide in front of me for the first time yesterday but I'd say if yours is out exploring he is comfortable with his new home so go get him out and have a play.

Again I am new to this snake keeping business so some more experienced people might be able to put me in my place

Corby-Coc.ker Spaniel

Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2012 :  18:04:23  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Usual rule is to leave them for a week to settle then have a little handle and then feed. Wait for 48 hours after feeding and then play time is all yours :)

Go to Top of Page

Blackcat
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1235 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  16:20:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome

0.0.2 Corn snakes - Morse & Zeus
1.1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa's - Indigo & Ruby
0.0.2 Columbian Rainbow Boa's - Orinoco & Tobago
1.0.0 House snake - Hoggle
0.1.0 Crested Gecko - Ludo