New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sue2012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
391 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  12:59:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my poor boy has a scar right on the front of his nose he went mad during breeding season this year he was rubbing his nose on every thing trying to get out of his viv he managed to damage and remove about 3 scales on the top of his nose i ended up having to put him in a rub just to try and stop him hurting himself he has only eaten once in the last 3 months i got all excited when he took his large mouse but nothing since that he has shed today and its left him with a really bad looking mark on his nose will this be there for good now or will it go after a few sheds also when is breeding season over i really want my boy to eat lol

1.0 Caroliner - Ozzy
1.0 caramel
Bloodred - Damon
0.1 sulfor - Stella
0.1 moonstone - letti
1.0 lavender - tazz
0.1 amber opal - salt
0.2 cats buffy & narla

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  13:07:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aw what a shame! might take a few sheds, but should be ok

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  13:35:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my male is eating normally for a month now,but that could be because he actually mated and got it out of his system lol

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  20:29:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spot destroyed his nose and eyecap too. Its all shed away a few days ago though.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  20:34:14  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My normal rubbed a massive hole in his snout last year during the breeding season. It took about 5 sheds for it to heal fully, but he did go into a rapid cycle of shedding every 3 weeks until it was mostly healed.

He also didn't eat for 2.5 months last year, and is on week 9 of not eating this year!

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  21:14:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whilst Holly only pulled a few scales up on his head this time (which shed out nicely 1st time) Lister has had a nasty booboo!
Back when I first got her, she rammed her head through a hole in her faun that I had cut to make room for the probe and rammed with tissue. She ended up with a big nasty dig right on top of her head, and whilst it looked awful, it thankfully shed after about 4 goes. I still shudder to think if it had been deeper, her peabrain was right underneath that ;___;'l
Go to Top of Page

sue2012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
391 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  21:36:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so after a good few sheds he should be ok oh thank god it looks nasty its dry and not worm to touch so no infection thank god the scab came off with his skin so it looks a big sore im just hoping he eats soon ive lost one boy a few years ago that would not eat come breeding season and he never started again after 8 months of trying everything he died so im hoping that the same thing wont happen again so u see y im worried do u think i should try a smaller feed he norm eats a xlarge mouse ever 2 weeks i got him to eat 1 large a wile back but again now nothing ive brained sented smaller tub dark place in his viv the lot lol any tips is most welcome ty all xx

1.0 Caroliner - Ozzy
1.0 caramel
Bloodred - Damon
0.1 sulfor - Stella
0.1 moonstone - letti
1.0 lavender - tazz
0.1 amber opal - salt
0.2 cats buffy & narla
Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  21:40:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when my snakes haven't eaten for a while due to the breeding season i start them again on smaller meals. maybe try a medium or even a small mouse

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000