Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  22:04:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh and PS - if he looks all dull with cloudy eyes... leave him alone until he's shed!!

Go to Top of Page

MandyH
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  22:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I have a Carolina corn, 9 months old, who behaved the same. Was fine for the first few days, then started striking, tail rattling, etc. both my son and I would leave him when he did it, as we were both nervous! He soon learned that he could get out of being handled when he misbehaved! We left him for a week, then my son started to handle him every day, except after feed. First time was about 1 minute, lots of wriggling, bit of a workout for both of them. It's now been 2 weeks, he still strikes if he's not taken out quick enough, but has never bitten, just hits with his nose. Once he's out, he calms down quickly and enjoys the new sights and sounds, was out for about 15 minutes today! Basically, just time, patience and confidence! Good luck :)

Mandy
[URL=http://s1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg539/MandyH6/?action=view¤t=554404_10150694778082496_640407495_215503112_200310623_n-1.jpg][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

marlin
Egg

53 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2012 :  18:36:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you tried leaving the viv open for him to venture out on his own? kellogs can ba a bit grumpy if I go in to grab him out but once he is out he is so sweet and docile. We struggled initially and after his week of 'solitary confinement' we got him out daily for just a few minutes at a time. He didn't like it but we perservered. Now when we go to open his viv he comes to us. If he doesn't we know he's about to shed or wants to be left alone!

Go to Top of Page

sparky_marky84
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2012 :  21:04:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well its a sad day 2day for me the other half made me give up my corn sanke she said she does not feel safe in the same house as it because it keeps biteing me and has bit my son so gave it 2 one of my work collegues

Go to Top of Page

Cazzy
Hatchling

105 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2012 :  21:22:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sparky_marky84

well its a sad day 2day for me the other half made me give up my corn sanke she said she does not feel safe in the same house as it because it keeps biteing me and has bit my son so gave it 2 one of my work collegues

aww thats a shame

1.0.0 Ultramel anery- Gonzo
1.0.0 Royal python- conan
0.1.0 Rottweiler- Bonnie
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2012 :  19:34:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to read this :(

Go to Top of Page