Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SidandNancy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  21:28:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys

I've got a male corn, nearly 3 years old, feeds well, very active and generally a happy chappy.

Except, I've noticed since i last fed him that he has a small lump on the top of his head. I'm not sure if it's where his jaw hasn't realigned properly after he's fed.

He's not changed in his persona, he's still very active and lively and seems quite happy. I've continued to handle him and when i let him go through my fingers today, the lump rubbed along my finger and he didn't respond at all which i would expect him to if he was in pain or something.

Is it possible that his jaw didn't realigne after he ate and if so, what should i do to help him? He's continued to drink as normal and like I said he seems quite jolly.

If someone can advise how i put a picture up I can show peeps if that'll help.

Thanks guys

Mod edit - Moved from Intros to health section

Edited by - Sta~ple on 13/05/2012 22:50:31

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  21:33:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi there, if you look on the photos thread there's a sticky on how to post photos, basically you need to use photobucket or similar image hosting site.

Sorry i can't be anymore help as to what the lump might be, i'm sure someone will be along soon

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  09:00:18  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
def need a pic to see what you are on about xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  22:48:42  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome, I'll move this to the health section, you may get more info then and a picture would definetly help.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2012 :  18:49:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It doesn't sound like it is to do with his jaw, but I'd be interested to see a pic too...

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)
1 very needy staffy (Coco)

Go to Top of Page

SidandNancy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  22:58:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys

Thanks a lot, finally managed to upload a pic so here goes, this was the best angle i could get cos like i said he's very active. The lumps not gotten any bigger but no smaller either. He's fed today and seems happy as but i'm still worried-

Thanks again

Go to Top of Page

SidandNancy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  22:59:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, i'll try get him from the other side!!
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  23:02:49  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you run your hand over it, how does it feel? I'm wondering if its something hes done whilst doing a horny dance/being active. Another picture would help. I can see the lump but I can't see any redness or anything around it.

Edited by - Sta~ple on 15/05/2012 23:03:58
Go to Top of Page

SidandNancy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  23:11:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to photograph him right now.
There's no redness around it at all. If I run my hand over it it feels like a spot, its not hard or fatty and he doesn't react when i touch it which I would expect him to if it was painful??
Go to Top of Page

SidandNancy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  23:15:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  08:31:09  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Not sure what is it to be hontest with you, I'm guesisng it has appeaed quite quickly if you hadn't notice the lump last feeding time?

Go to Top of Page

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  13:10:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldnt worry too much about it, maybe it will go with his next shed?
Doesn't look sore or anything though..
Just keep an eye on it

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)
1 very needy staffy (Coco)

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  13:14:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is his lower jaw bone on that side sitting properly? I ask because in the second to last picture (the blurred one) his head does look slightly off symmetrical (possibly just the angle of the shot and the slight turn of the head) and the sides of the head are pretty much all jaw hinge and ligaments, muscles etc so if the jaw isn't sitting right it would be noticeable by how the mouth comes together, flip him over and make sure his mouth meets properly, no gaps or under/overbite.

Thats an odd one but I think to be sure its nothing serious I'd get it checked over by an exotics vet, if its nothing it wont cost a fortune and give you peace of mind.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

SidandNancy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  14:25:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Is his lower jaw bone on that side sitting properly? I ask because in the second to last picture (the blurred one) his head does look slightly off symmetrical (possibly just the angle of the shot and the slight turn of the head) and the sides of the head are pretty much all jaw hinge and ligaments, muscles etc so if the jaw isn't sitting right it would be noticeable by how the mouth comes together, flip him over and make sure his mouth meets properly, no gaps or under/overbite.

Thats an odd one but I think to be sure its nothing serious I'd get it checked over by an exotics vet, if its nothing it wont cost a fortune and give you peace of mind.

Thanks for your advice guys. Lotabob, yeah that's what I thought...His jaw comes together properly, there's no under/overbite or gaps but i do think it looks slightly off to the right when i look at him straight on, but I'm not sure if that's just me trying to see something if you know what I mean.

I'm going to take him to the vets just to be sure as I know I won't rest until I know it's nothing, he's like my baby!!!!

Thanks again for all your advice guys, been great!!!
Go to Top of Page

SidandNancy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  16:02:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update on Sid :)

He realigned his jaw this morning, did a massive yawn never seen anything like it and the lump went!!!! Checked him from every angle and it's completely gone so seems that it was his jaw! I'm going to monitor it as he's my first and this is all new to me.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their advice :)
Go to Top of Page

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2012 :  16:49:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
brilliant news!
glad he's okay

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)