Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SophieMay
Snake Mite

2 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  20:55:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, my name is Sophie. I have had Dooey for nearly 5 years now. My partner and I have just had to downsize from a 2 bed house to a tiny studio so that we can save for our own place and not only am I deprived of space to keep her in but I have 2 cats, I used to shut them out whilst I had her out but in a studio that's basically impossible. She is really nice tempered and easy to handle, she loves watching tv as well! This is really my last resort because it will break my heart to see her go but she needs more attention then I can give. I would like her to go to someone who has snakes already and is really devoted to them. She is free to a good home along with her viv, heat mat etc.
I will try to upload pictures as soon as I figure out how to.
Thank you
Sophie

SophieMay
Snake Mite

2 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  21:09:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't figure out how to upload pics. If you email me I will. Also I forgot to mention I live in the Surrey area but can travel.
Thanks
Sophie
Go to Top of Page

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  21:16:41  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Sophie. Even if you are in a rush to rehome, at least put a nominal price on your set up. There are plenty freebie vultures around who will snap up free offers like this and promptly sell on for a quick buck.

You need to link to images from the likes of Image Shack or PhotoBucket. The forum software does not have its own image attachment system.

Check the link here for instructions:
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14057

1.0.0: Miami Normal: Taggart
0.0.1: Carolina Normal: Wee Woody
0.0.1: Grey Rat Snake: Mirkey
0.0.1: Amel Corn: Blaze
1.0.0: Carpet Python: Vambo
0.0.1: MBK: Fester
0.0.1: Florida King Snake : Rattler (Rattle & Hum)
0.0.1. California King Snake: El Diablo Diego
0.2.0 Tarantulas : Ermintrude & Euphemia.
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  01:18:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah even if you just ask money for the equipment it will put the freebie hunters off
Go to Top of Page

tk72
Hatchling

United Kingdom
494 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  15:28:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
also help if you give your location too.
Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  15:46:22  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi sophie, i will happily take her off your hands if you live anywhere near croydon and can deliver the setup.

if you would like to discuss it, you can email me on: dbarton72<@>ymail.com
Go to Top of Page

Mnementh
Yearling

United Kingdom
537 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  16:15:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemypets1988

hi sophie, i will happily take her off your hands if you live anywhere near croydon and can deliver the setup.

So you want it all free and delivered

Sophie , if you want the best for your snake you should really put a price tag on it , like others have said , this will stop the freebie hunters who will sell it on to make a tidy proffit .

One last jump , that's all we have to take Holth .
Wearily the old queen gathered heself to spring ;
Moreta gratefully began her litany .
Black , blacker , blackest -
They went between .
Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  17:25:01  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mnementh

quote:

Sophie , if you want the best for your snake you should really put a price tag on it , like others have said , this will stop the freebie hunters who will sell it on to make a tidy proffit .

yes because i have a 7 month old baby and no car, and btw, im no freebie hunter, ive had several different snakes, from corns to burmese pythons, if u look on my profile and in the forum u will see my snakes.

the only reason why i dont have snakes right now is becoz i was forced into passing them on by socail services who threatened to take my son away if i didnt and now hes 7 months they hae relaxed enough for me to get another snake.
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  17:34:03  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mnementh

quote:

yes because i have a 7 month old baby and no car, and btw, im no freebie hunter, ive had several different snakes, from corns to burmese pythons, if u look on my profile and in the forum u will see my snakes.

the only reason why i dont have snakes right now is becoz i was forced into passing them on by socail services who threatened to take my son away if i didnt and now hes 7 months they hae relaxed enough for me to get another snake.

If you were really interested in rehoming a snake, maybe try an find your own transport to pick them up instead of expecting people to bring them to you.

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

adamasrc
Hatchling

United Kingdom
255 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  17:41:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what snake is it sorry?

0.1.0 Buttercorn (Molly)
1.0.0 Royal (Duke)
http://www.youtube.com/user/ReptilesQuest?feature=mhee
You there! subscribe to me!
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  17:48:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A free one apparently

Settle down please folks I understand where you are all coming from but the seller has said free to a good home not ideal but still their choice.

I suggest you all read the sticky for posting in the classifieds please.

Go to Top of Page

adamasrc
Hatchling

United Kingdom
255 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  17:53:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
apparently so, well if i could have some more information other than her name i may be willing to re home her. im in the guildford area

0.1.0 Buttercorn (Molly)
1.0.0 Royal (Duke)
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  10:15:38  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Not to be rude but if the rest got taken from you, if you got this one wouldn't it eventually be taken off you? I fail to see how 1 corn that you would get for free is any different one their minds from all the other previous snakes you have owned. And if your not paying for a snake and your after one then yes, you are a freebie hunter.

Hope you find a nice home for it Sophie.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

Edited by - Sta~ple on 10/05/2012 10:18:33
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  10:25:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ohhhhh Limpy......... :P

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

SophieMay
Snake Mite

2 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  18:42:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok I am in no rush to rehome her, I will wait until I find a perfect home. I ideally want her to go to someone who is a reptile 'fanatic' and dedicates a lot of their time to their animals, hence why I want someone with other snakes. After reading a couple of the helpful comments regarding asking for a fee I can see your point. I would like to ask for an adoption fee of £50min which I will donate to my aunties charity, borntobewild-inbude.co.uk. And I would like to assure you that if someone would like to rehome her I will be doing all the checks I feel are needed to make sure it is a good and secure one, I will actually insist that I deliver her so that I can see the new home first if anyone is interested.
For some more info she is roughly 5ft, she is a corn snake, and 5 years old.
Thanks for your inputs so far.
Sophie
Go to Top of Page

adamasrc
Hatchling

United Kingdom
255 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  18:49:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks like you've made some good choices :) well done, must be hard for you

0.1.0 Buttercorn (Molly)
1.0.0 Royal (Duke)
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  20:49:28  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ill quite happily givr u the 50quid for her and i can pick her up. my email is marc msg@ googlemail.com if u can send some pictures of the viv and that

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY

Edited by - marc_sg on 10/05/2012 21:13:40
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  20:53:03  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mark, edit your email address to stop spammers :)

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  21:14:41  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Donnie

Mark, edit your email address to stop spammers :)

ive put a couple of spaces in is that better

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  21:33:07  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes, not sure how they do it (not a software expert) but I think the software can pickup on hyperlinks and send you all sorts of wonderful spam :)

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  21:37:03  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well thank u for the warning coz my fone would have going off constantly

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000