New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

serena_08
Yearling

United Kingdom
784 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  14:22:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had my 'Boy' since Jan 26th, well on the 3rd May 'he' decided to lay some eggs!

Shocked just ain't the word.

She (as she will now be known) laid 9 eggs, 3 of which are still a white colour whereas the other 6 yellowy patchy eggs have gone to the place where dud eggs go!

Seems like all her sexy dancing and looking for a mate was wrong, she was just looking for somewhere to lay, which after egg one was produced she got everything she needed.

Was nice to see her eating again after though! 2 pinkies wolfed down after 6 weeks of not eating, and will be going up in size once she has done the post lay shed thing (in blue now )

Need to keep watch on her though as she only weighed 158g before she laid.

Don't know exactly what the point to this post is but ya know... needed to talk! Lol.

So Goodbye to Rufus, and welcome Rubi

1.0.0 Corn: D-Bo (Amel)
1.0.0 Western Hognose: C*ntyB*ll*cks
0.1.0 MBK: Rosa
0.0.1 Leopard Gecko: Zuko
0.0.1 Bearded Dragon: Kobe
0.0.1 Fire Bellied Toad: Snoop
1.1.0 Cats: Penny and Sheldon
1.0.0 Staffy: MooMoo

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  14:24:18  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
crikey. how did that happen!?!

Good luck to both of ya

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

serena_08
Yearling

United Kingdom
784 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  14:54:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No idea, She has lived alone since we had her, and was alone in the shop! She wasn't in the shop for long so I assume that she was mated whether purposely or not just before we had her. I have been told too that they can retain sperm or eggs for later use, either way it is not what I expected to happen!

Thank you for the luck, we need it!

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  15:59:07  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Have a search for some of my posts in the breeding section about my experiences with Connie. It is possible you are having a similar issue with Rubi so can give you an idea of what you may be facing

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

serena_08
Yearling

United Kingdom
784 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  16:33:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just had a look :)

All her eggs wre laid over 36hours, so although stressful not quite as yours were!

What was the outcome in the end? Were any fertile? I'm incubating the three big white eggs but got rid of the 6 yellow ones, thought I may as well give them a chance, nothing ventured nothing gained and all that lol. Glad Connie made it through alright :)

Go to Top of Page

ashby_steve
Hatchling

United Kingdom
258 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  16:56:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
females can have 'phantom pregnancys' too - basically a clutch of empty eggs
keep an eye on her around the same time next year,
some females have died from becoming egg bound this way when owners aren't expecting eggs and provide nowhere to lay
have you checked her over for any more retained eggs? just in case?
hopefully she is ok :)

Go to Top of Page

serena_08
Yearling

United Kingdom
784 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  18:15:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I've checked her over there is nothing left inside her, almost literally! She is so skinny now its unreal, but hopefully that'll change. Start building her back up! I've seen the phantom thing too but with what looks like potentially 3 fertile eggs I have to obviously do whats best all round :) I won't be too broken-hearted if they were dud but at least I could say I tried!

She is hiding away now looking all sorry, getting ready to shed :)

Can't believe how fast everything happened and how everything over the past 6 weeks makes sense now, the not eating, random shedding, over-activeness, grumpiness!

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  18:20:40  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by serena_08

I've just had a look :)

All her eggs wre laid over 36hours, so although stressful not quite as yours were!

What was the outcome in the end? Were any fertile? I'm incubating the three big white eggs but got rid of the 6 yellow ones, thought I may as well give them a chance, nothing ventured nothing gained and all that lol. Glad Connie made it through alright :)

She is still in recovery from surgery but she is doing really well thanks. All of the eggs were infertile as she has never been with a male however some were nice and white and even the vet said they looked like viable eggs. Last year I incubated the good looking ones just out of curiosity and one took 3 weeks to go bad. You may as well incubate as you never know if she could have retained sperm from last year. She is really small to have laid so I would have thought that she would have been too small to have mated last year but then I could be wrong. I would really give her a good check over to make sure that there are non left and then just build her up steadily.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  20:47:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh poor Rubi! I hope you get her all fed up very soon, that really is too small to be laying. I hope you don't have to go through what kdlang did with Connie :(

Glad to hear Connie is recovering well!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000