New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

basilsmum
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2012 :  17:31:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can anyone 'shed' (haha) some light on what my corn snake Basil is? I keep reading 'ghost' but I was told he was an albino?

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2012 :  17:44:43  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'd say snow, possibly snow stripe, im not the best at morphs so better wait till someone else comes along

hes very pretty :)

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2012 :  17:51:30  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think that isn't a corn snake!

Looks like an albino cali king snake...

http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/lampropeltis_getula_californiae/albino/

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2012 :  17:53:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks like a king to me to

Go to Top of Page

basilsmum
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2012 :  17:58:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my Goodness!!!!!

Thank you so much Guys! feel silly now...i rescued him from my boss's son cos, as typical kids are, he didn't want him anymore. he was underfeeding him and not really looking after him at all. I was told he was an albino corn snake but looking at those pics I can see now he is a california king snake albino morph. I really appreciate you confirming that for me. doesn't mean I'll love him any less though! lol

thank u so much again
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2012 :  18:00:46  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No probs! It's still a pretty snake.

Maybe head over to http://www.thekingsnake.co.uk/ for any help and/or chat about him...

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

basilsmum
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2012 :  18:05:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry but pics were taken on my i phone. i'm just happy i'm starting to know what he is a bit more. I will be getting a corn snake one day as they are just as lovelyy but for now it's me and my basil xx

thanks again for all your help fellow snake lovers
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2012 :  21:48:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hee hee, he is a lovely snake! Not sure if kings need different temps and humidity than corns so would definitely check out the kingsnake forum!

Go to Top of Page

343guiltyspark
Hatchling

United Kingdom
451 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2012 :  15:58:19  Show Profile  Visit 343guiltyspark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by basilsmum

Oh my Goodness!!!!!

Thank you so much Guys! feel silly now...i rescued him from my boss's son cos, as typical kids are, he didn't want him anymore. he was underfeeding him and not really looking after him at all. I was told he was an albino corn snake but looking at those pics I can see now he is a california king snake albino morph. I really appreciate you confirming that for me. doesnnn't mean I'll love him any less though! lol

thank u so much again

what do you mean typical as kids are??? I'm 11 and i've had voldemort for almost a year now!

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2012 :  15:59:25  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i second that spark, im 15 and take better care of sonny than i do myself

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

343guiltyspark
Hatchling

United Kingdom
451 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2012 :  16:15:04  Show Profile  Visit 343guiltyspark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Voldemort means everything to me.

Go to Top of Page

Vince_the_snake
Yearling

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2012 :  16:52:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Triple that 343guiltyspark (awesome name) I'm 11 to and I have had my snake for 4 years!
Go to Top of Page

basilsmum
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  11:27:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you guys are probably exceptions to the rule then. Only the die hard snake lovers really appreciate their snakes. No offence meant guys.:-)
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  11:42:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd second that you're not typical kids!! My son's got very little interest in Corno and we've only had him a few months! Just means I get to treat Corno like my own snake lol!! (But we'd never have got her in the first place if we hadn't wanted one anyway, for precisely that reason)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000