Page: of 2

ashby_steve
Hatchling

United Kingdom
258 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2012 :  22:31:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Toggsy

Thought id point out that Travis Perkins sell the vents bungs but they are not listed as this, they sell them as soffit vents but they are exactly the same as vents bungs sold on ebay.
I bought 2 the other week from them for one of my vivs and I think I paid about 50p each plus the vat but I'll have check the receipt.

Tell me now!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

110 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2012 :  22:59:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashby_steve

quote:

Thought id point out that Travis Perkins sell the vents bungs but they are not listed as this, they sell them as soffit vents but they are exactly the same as vents bungs sold on ebay.
I bought 2 the other week from them for one of my vivs and I think I paid about 50p each plus the vat but I'll have check the receipt.

Tell me now!

Sorry but the crystal ball has ran out of battery's lol
The legs you used what section do I find them in B n Q so know where I'm looking.
Go to Top of Page

a2c7
Hatchling

United Kingdom
320 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2012 :  08:51:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found out I can build a 4ft viv (1220x500x500mm) for ~£50 with materials from B&Q. B&Q very helpfully provide glass shelves which are 600x250x6mm or 'thin' versions slightly cheaper so as long as you make the gap in the middle for the glass 250mm you're set!

It works like this: 1x B&Q £17.48 MDF @ 2440x1220x18mm. 2 x B&Q glass standard shelf (£10.48) or 2x 'slim' glass shelf (£7.48). Glue + screws ~£10, Runners ~£5 from ebay. Vents - you can get these cheaply on ebay as well. You can even get the kind people at B&Q to cut it all for you, if you pay them whatever it is per cut - can post up the plans if you want but this is where I got the idea from : http://www.therainbowboa.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=90

p.s. just realised my calculations don't involve sealing the wood, but I have yacht varnish currently kicking around so I didn't need to factor that in - there are plenty of posts around all the forums about sealing MDF and they're not expensive methods.

Edited by - a2c7 on 26/04/2012 08:52:45
Go to Top of Page

ashby_steve
Hatchling

United Kingdom
258 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2012 :  10:28:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ashby_steve

quote:

Tell me now!

memory is a little fuzzy but i think they are with the drawer runners and door handles etc

i will say that place is short staffed, took ages to find somebody that knew what i wanted.

Sorry but the crystal ball has ran out of battery's lol
The legs you used what section do I find them in B n Q so know where I'm looking.

Go to Top of Page

ashby_steve
Hatchling

United Kingdom
258 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  16:44:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and done :) (dont know why its taken this long to upload a photo, i thought i had!)

Go to Top of Page

a2c7
Hatchling

United Kingdom
320 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  17:49:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks so awesome. Almost bought some of that ivy today, such good value.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000