New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  11:19:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arrrgh!!! I went to Pets at home for a quick look expecting to see just normals and they only had an amel cubed!!!!

At first I thought she was a stripe, then realised she had a stripe for 1/2 way but saddles after so was wondering whether she was a motley so was going to leave as I really wanted a stripe. I tried soooo hard to walk away But then I thought even if she's only striped 1/2 way down I then get the best of both worlds lol!! Then I realised she was a cube

I wanted to set the faun up 1st as obviously you are supposed to, but as previous people on here have mentioned, PaH cannot hold and well... I just couldn't leave her there she is gorgeous! I was going to leave her in her tub until I'd got the faun temps settled, but she fed yesterday so I've had to put her straight in and I'll just have to watch the temps like a hawk for the next 48 hrs! Hopefully it shouldn't be a problem as she's in Corno's old faun and the habistat is still set as it was.

She was s'ing up and gave a huge tail rattle as I transferred her, but didn't actually try to strike, yay! Shame I couldn't get a slightly longer hold in before puttineg her away She hid for a bit and is now exploring, I'm just nervous as she fed so recently, hope the moving doesn't cause a regurge...

I wonder what hubby will say when he hears what I've done - I'm NEVER this impulsive normally lol

So apologies to Manda - you'll have to take me off your hatchling waiting list now!

I did take a few photos - off to upload them now

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  11:21:43  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh wow! lucky you, you should call her fluke or chance seeing thats how you got her :)

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

claire_daz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  11:34:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
make hubby a nice dinner his fav
it always works for me
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  11:40:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol Claire, I'll have to try that!! Oooh, I quite like Fluke, and I quite liked the book of that name by James Herbert lol! I haven't even considered names yet and would welcome any other suggestions!!

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  11:43:47  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its a good book. Looking forward to seeing pics xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  11:56:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pics up now http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23086

Go to Top of Page

claire_daz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  11:57:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have you rang your OH yet?
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  12:00:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nah - he'll phone at lunch time ;) I did text him when I was still trying to walk out the shop without her to say they had an amel stripe - so his first question will be 'did you get it then?' lol!

Go to Top of Page

claire_daz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  12:05:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol i got a empty viv up stairs at the moment i keep having a look at what could go in there
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  14:56:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i like your impulse buy, mine was brought to a halt as the little guy hadn't had his required 3 feeds! you could alway tell the o/hits a prezzie for him! can't turn down prezzies that would be rude :-)

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  16:10:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Noooooooooo, she's mine, all MINE!!!!!! Lol, he wasn't surprised in the slightest that I'd got her ;)

Are you still getting your little guy Lupi? Am I right in thinking your Nanna said she'd get him? Or have I mixed you up with another poster?

Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  19:29:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah am still getting him, and your right my cool nannas getting him for me! went in today and he'd been fed so coundn't get any pics :-( on the up side one feed down two to go!!! sooo excited can't wait!

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  23:41:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bunny- you should call her Serendipity... it means 'happy accident' congratulations on visiting the shop at exactly the right moment

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2012 :  08:40:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay for successful feeding Lupi!

Oooh I quite like that too Nicky... also considering Ember and hubby likes Nymeria from the Game of Thrones book, but as I've not read them (or seen the program) it deosn't feel personal enough for my snake...

Not had her a day yet and she's already showing such a different personality to Corno - last night and this morning when I crouched down to see if I could catch a glimpse of her in her hide she heard me, and instead of hiding further like Corno would, she shot her head straight out of the hide and hovered there, as if daring me to get close lol!!! We never even saw Corno for the 1st 3 weeks unless we went in to check on her.. this little one I've caught exploring the viv several times! Can't wait until I can get her out for a cuddle!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000