Getting Eddie feeding again ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  12:08:45  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys Eddie has been away for a week or so paired up with my friends girl we have witnessed 3 successfull locks (each lasting about half an hour or so) so all being well i hope to pick up my boy tomorrow the thing is hes not eaten since march 10th i assume hes fasting because its breeding season i have that niggling anxiety in the back of my mind about him just refusing to eat again fullstop that im trying desperately to ignore.
It was after much thought and seeking advice from more experianced breeders that i decided to let him go get his end away in the hope that it might work up an appetite but since hes been gone despite all efforts and being seperated to feed hes still refusing just wondered how long after hes home should i offer him food should it be smaller than usual and if he refuses how long before i should try again and if its a breeding fast any idea how long i can expect it to last ?

Thanks in advance

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  12:26:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't worry about him not feeding since 10th march, my hatchling went 10 half weeks without food!! Keep an eye on his weight and keep offering at his usual feeding intervals, he'll take when he's hungry

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  12:33:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wouldn't worry,one of my males took 6 weeks to start eating again after mating

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  12:35:10  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
okies guys thanks for the reassurance im just a born worrier and hes such a handsome lad lol will keep you posted if we get any eggs (fingers crossed)

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: