Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Picture's Of My Corn's. I'm Such A Proud Owner.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  21:54:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lovely snakes

Go to Top of Page

sue2012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
391 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  23:18:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emmerz

Right,
at the moment the male is separated from the females because of breeding season.
and the 3 year old female is in a separate tank by herself away from all the one year old's.
Katie, she only has a tiny bit of rat snake in her.
When I went to buy the snakes, they had six corn snakes in one big tank and he said it was perfectly alright to have them in one big tank until they get old enough to breed and then you have to separate them. Sorry if I am been defeatist towards this idea it's just that many of my friends keep corns together and even in major pet stores they keep corns together. Also I have seen many of people on here put pictures of there snakes in the same tank? Sorry again if i'm been argumentative when you're trying to tell me something, and thank you to all who say I have lovely snakes:-)

i cohab my girls and they are all fine togather in the one viv just make sure lots of hides plants and so on i dont cohab boys and never will a friend of mine did this and lost 2 corns as come breeding season they stopped eating and never started again i dont know if this is cos of the cohabing but it is y i wont cohab my boys with my girls i make sure they are fed every week i check them every day and they are norm togather even if this is just for the hot spots lol but they are not stressed ...... and yes shops do only cohab to save space and money but that my opinion lol ............on a better note your corns really are stunning

1.0 Caroliner - Ozzy
1.0 caramel
Bloodred - Damon
0.1 sulfor - Stella
0.1 moonstone - letti
1.0 lavender - tazz
0.1 amber opal - salt
0.2 cats buffy & narla
Go to Top of Page

Emmerz
Hatchling

166 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2012 :  07:48:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
U.K, East Coast.
Sue - I already have lots of hides and plants etc. So I should be okay for the time being. How many females do you have in one tank?x
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2012 :  08:25:46  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Emmerz you have some stunning snakes there and it is clear you love them to bits.

I am another that is against cohabiting. For one because you cannot be certain that the snakes that you have purchased as female are actually female. I have just gone through the stress of having an eggbound female. It is really not fun and breaks your heart to see your pet struggling. Females have been miss sexed and many responsible breeders will not sell a snake as female unless it has been sexed as such at least 3 times and even then will warn that it's not certain.

The other issue is what happens if one of your snakes regurges. You will have to treat all your snakes as if they had all regurged as you wouldn't know which one it was.

Yes there are many people who co-habit successfully, I have no doubt about that. But personnally, I want to limit all risks to the health of my corns and cohabbiting, to me, is a big risk. One that I am well within my means to avoid.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

sue2012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
391 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2012 :  14:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emmerz

U.K, East Coast.
Sue - I already have lots of hides and plants etc. So I should be okay for the time being. How many females do you have in one tank?x

i have 3 in there togather oldest is years old and youngest is 9 months old i have a snow as well that at the moment is only 6/7 months old and is tiny so she is in a faun but she will go in with the girls as well when i know she wont escape lol i have tons of hides lots of green lots of stuff to climb over 2 water bowls and most of all i feed every week on the same day and make sure taht its def the right size food for each snake that way i know thay are satisfied :)

1.0 Caroliner - Ozzy
1.0 caramel
Bloodred - Damon
0.1 sulfor - Stella
0.1 moonstone - letti
1.0 lavender - tazz
0.1 amber opal - salt
0.2 cats buffy & narla
Go to Top of Page

Emmerz
Hatchling

166 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  08:12:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sue -I am actually doing the same with my snow corn at the moment, and seem to have a what you have in your tank in mine:-)x
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000