New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Horse
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2012 :  17:02:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been a bit concerned about my cornsnakes health. She, (only found out today that it is a she and not a he ), has not eaten for 12 days now, (normaly a good eater),and not pood for about 3 weeks, (normaly waits till i hold her and the does it...and god does it stink!!!!!!!!!!!) So took her to my local reptile house, (Northampton Reptile Centre), where i was told she is constipated. The lad there ,who is very knowledgeable, showed me a healthy corn and then showed me COLINA,(new sex new name), and there is a pronounced bugle. He told me to put her in luke warm water for 20 mins at a time for a few days and that should do it. The heat should help her digest what ever is there. I have also been told to only feed her flufs and not small mice , (as told by somone else), for a few more months. She is about 25 ins long and we think about 18 months old.

If the warm baths dont work what else is there to try ...any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  12:49:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wriggling about in a couple of inches of tepid water is very effective- try that for a couple of days, then get back on here if nothing happens. best of luck

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  14:42:17  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have used a bath for this purpose and it has worked. Just be aware tho that what feels like a warm bath to us is actually too hot for a snake. I usually have my snake baths at 29-30C and only let them stay in there no longer than the time taken for the water to cool to 27C. This is when a spare digital aquarium themometer is worth it's weight in gold.

Also, How are you feeding your snake? If it is inside it's enclosure then it is possible that some substrate has stuck to it's last meal which is making it more difficult to pass.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000