Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2012 :  14:34:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
glad shes home you must be relived, out of curiosity how did they suture the insision?

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

Lili
Snake Mite

Canada
49 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2012 :  16:09:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad she made it home ok! that looks like quite an incision hope it heals up ok

Go to Top of Page

Kez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2012 :  16:15:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's fantastic, I'm soooo pleased she's back home with you where she belongs. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery and a much happier Connie

0.1.0 - CB10 Creamsicle - Maisie
0.1.0 - CB10 Ultramel Motley - Smudge
1.0.0 - Leopard Gecko - Ziggy
1.0.0 - Crested Gecko - Koji
0.0.1 - Chahoua - Chewie
0.1.0 - Rescue Greyhound - Becki
Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2012 :  16:21:53  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
All good news so far. Long may in continue!

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2012 :  17:20:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good news! I'm so glad to read that connie's op went well and she's back home with you- what a relief!!
that's quite an incision...will she have a scar?? watch out- she'll be showing it off to other snakes and making up stories about being in a fight with a gang of hawks.. heehee
its good to know that this time next year you should both be all calm and relaxed and egg-less
congratulations-

and thankyou for keeping us all in the loop, even whilst in the middle of the stress..

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2012 :  18:13:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woohoo!!! So glad she is home safely xx Wow, that's quite a long wound too!

Go to Top of Page

claire_daz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2012 :  18:19:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well done and welcome home connie
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  10:22:47  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
phew!!
glad the lil ladys home :)

get well soon :)

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  10:32:36  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
so glad she is doing ok. This thread will be so useful to others that may have the same kinda problems. Thanks for sharing photos. xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  12:11:07  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone. She is still doing ok. Not too happy about taking the antibiotics but she puts up with it and I don't think she hates me yet. I'm not sure how they go about suturing a snake but from the looks of the wound its stitching the skin like with a wound we would have. The scales just kind of jut out a bit. It still completely blows my mind the things the vets can do and how resilient our animals are. She is likely to have a scar. However the vet was telling me about another snake she had operated on who she saw a few months later and after just 2 sheds you could only just see the scar.

I really hope this thread is helpful to others although I wouldn't like anyone else to go through it. I found it quite hard to find information about snake spaying although a search on google found a few people asking and lots of replies saying it can't be done, why would you want to, just dont house snakes together etc. Not really helpful when your snake decides she wants to be the virgin Mary. Up to now it has cost me around £300 with the various consultations and treatments but it has been well worth it to have my girl alive. It has made me decide to get a saving pot going though in case of any future problems. It's something I have always meant to do but never started it. First fiver went in it yesterday.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  12:18:03  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bless her! Good to know she is doing well. Can we look at the scars after a few sheds please? Kind of instrsted to see what it looks like then.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  12:21:59  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah I'l post pics as she heals.

Hows your girl doing? Carmellia has gone blue and I can feel bumps in her so I'm hoping she is just ovulating like she did last year. I'm starting to think I prefer having males even if they do make lots of noise trashing their vivs lol

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  12:33:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

when your snake decides she wants to be the virgin Mary.

LAFFS

omg- some of those eggies were quite white- what ifff.....???

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  12:36:19  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Shes still looking bulky? Not sure if its the way she is laying in her hide or not as stupid as it sounds but she never looks this bulky. She'smore active than ususal but no shed. Just shoping it's me being paranoid rather than her going to lay a load of duds.

I wonder if duds are harder to past than fertile eggs since duds generally feel super hard?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  12:40:04  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nickyff

quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

when your snake decides she wants to be the virgin Mary.

LAFFS

omg- some of those eggies were quite white- what ifff.....???

Lol. Went through that last year. I even tried incubating some and one of the white ones lasted about 3-4 weeks before it went mouldy. I was tempted to try again but it is sooooooo unlikely that they would hatch I decided I couldn't cope with messing with an incubator as well as caring for Connie. Since I froze them, I have read about a boa that had a virgin birth. Aparently she was put with 4 males but dna testing on the babies showed that they couldn't have been sired by any of them and the babies actually had 2 lots of the mothers dna. Not sure how much I believe stuff you read on the internet but it certainly does make you think

0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  12:42:48  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Shes still looking bulky? Not sure if its the way she is laying in her hide or not as stupid as it sounds but she never looks this bulky. She'smore active than ususal but no shed. Just shoping it's me being paranoid rather than her going to lay a load of duds.

I wonder if duds are harder to past than fertile eggs since duds generally feel super hard?

Got my fingers crossed for you hun.

From what I have read, stuck eggs are usually slugs however the ones connie had removed were quite spongy

0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  16:05:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so pleased she's back home and doing well for you, here's to a speedy recovery

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

Blackcat
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1235 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  16:41:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not been on here for a while and have just read through your posts, what a stressfull time you must of had. I am so pleased that things have so far gone so well and you have Connie home.

0.0.2 Corn snakes - Morse & Zeus
1.1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa's - Indigo & Ruby
0.0.2 Columbian Rainbow Boa's - Orinoco & Tobago
1.0.0 House snake - Hoggle
0.1.0 Crested Gecko - Ludo
2.0.0 cats (RIP Zebee), 0.1.0 Dog, 2.0.0 Horses
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  16:46:51  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My girl is a star. She has eaten a 4g pinkie. I tried her with one yesterday as per vets instructions but she wasn't bothered (can't say I blame her lol). Anyway, I spotted her out and about this afternoon so I defrosted her another one, heated it with a hairdryer and squeezed it's head so some goo came out the nostrils (wanted to make it as smelly as possible so she recognised it as prey). Put it on a dish in her rub and left her to it. Iv gone in just now and it has gone. I'm so happy. Just got to suss out how to give her her baytril tomorrow now without handling her lol

0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  16:51:54  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
fabulous shes a wee star. I actually directed someone (not on the forum) to your posts about connie, as they had similar things with their corn. The info certainly did help them xxx

good luck tomorrow xxxx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000