Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  15:26:20  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The second time ive got myst out and shes been doing a funky head dance! any ideas what kind of behavior this is?

Video link here > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op-y0zVuk1k

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Leopard gecko (Meg)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons
Wish list - Chinese water dragon, Tegu! Rainbow boa!

R.I.P Shayde

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  16:42:19  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Its quite possibly the Stargazer gene i think see here...

http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/stargazer/

But i am not 100% sure. One of the breeders on here will help out better.

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith

Edited by - Simmy_82 on 19/03/2012 16:43:40
Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  17:19:39  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it does seem like this! omg poor myst. i hope some more people reply! :(

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  17:45:42  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yup. Looks like your wee myst is a stargazer. Other members here are more clued up on stargazing. Gmac has a stargazer, Im sure he could give you some advice xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  18:55:28  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

yup. Looks like your wee myst is a stargazer. Other members here are more clued up on stargazing. Gmac has a stargazer, Im sure he could give you some advice xx

oh :( the pet shop could've informed me of this. is she in any kind of pain or anything? poor thing! :(
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  19:09:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They should have told you!! Is she is a gazer any corn from there could have the gene! I'm getting more and more annoyed with that shop. It might just be a hatching thing but its unlikley, gmac will confirm. He is one of the people trying to eliminate the gene, which is good practice. Especially how much you paid, I would ask for your money back. And keep her, they won't be able to sell a gazer. She's not in pain, she may just be more awkard as a pet. If you need some one else to back you up at the store, I saw her in there with no info about her. X

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  19:49:35  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by georginasweeting

They should have told you!! Is she is a gazer any corn from there could have the gene! I'm getting more and more annoyed with that shop. It might just be a hatching thing but its unlikley, gmac will confirm. He is one of the people trying to eliminate the gene, which is good practice. Especially how much you paid, I would ask for your money back. And keep her, they won't be able to sell a gazer. She's not in pain, she may just be more awkard as a pet. If you need some one else to back you up at the store, I saw her in there with no info about her. X

thanks for the help! ile try contact gmac and get some more footage of her tomorow as the g.f can hold the camera this time. yeah im annoyed. one thing about that shop that annoys me the most is that that house adults together with other adults. and hatchlings with hatchlings to yearlings. i don't think they should keep any together! the person that buys the corns from breeders in there should spot gazers instantly!

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  19:50:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry doesnt look like a stargazer to me. There is too much co ordination for it to be a gazer.

Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  19:52:43  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

sorry doesnt look like a stargazer to me. There is too much co ordination for it to be a gazer.

thanks gmac. thats a relief! ile get some more footage of her tomorrow moving on her own. any other idea what this strange head movement could be? you sure it couldn't be a weak strain of SG?

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  19:54:39  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

She does look a bit special I'll give her that! Has she eaten with you yet, think the way they act when food is about is a definite tell tale sign. I thought gazers wibbled and wobbled everywhere though. If your attached and don't want to take her back, I'd tell them that they aren't meant to sell them, you might get some money back that way at least! You know if the shop breeders snakes or buys them from breeders?

they buy from breeders. and yeah i will inform them. like i said ile try get some more proper footage when i handle her tomorrow and yes she has fed once with me! took 2 pinkies which is a good sign! :D

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  19:54:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gazers are pretty much full on, havent heard of a weak strain it is totally noticeable.

this is our (loan) stargazer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVDSZjSsaMg is not ideal watching but gives the idea.

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  19:55:05  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Don't stargazers heads really wobbly and bobble when they eat, could try that? She does look a tad special though bless her haha

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  19:59:36  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with G, stargazing is much more 'violent' and random. Maybe he's just exploring his surroundings?

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  19:59:37  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

gazers are pretty much full on, havent heard of a weak strain it is totally noticeable.

this is our (loan) stargazer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVDSZjSsaMg is not ideal watching but gives the idea.

awww i see how bad it is! any idea why she wobbles her head like that? or could she just be a bit special?

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  20:00:25  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

I agree with G, stargazing is much more 'violent' and random. Maybe he's just exploring his surroundings?

Thanks for the feedback! :) you lot are making me feel much better! :D

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  20:06:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They aren't used to being handled, when I first got my two it was like they were learnng to slighter for the first time, like a child, a bit wobbly, I can't see the vid as I'm on my phome.

I wouldn't bother saying anything about them co-habing as they are pro cohabbbing any age any sex.

You have to keep an open mind with rep shops. Betta aquatics have just doubled the size of there rep room and have frogs, scorpions, spiders, loads of hatchies (kept in twos) some adults (again in same sex pairs) some milks, a common boa, It seems a LOT better in there. Check it out x

Edited by - Georgina on 19/03/2012 20:08:56
Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  20:30:58  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by georginasweeting

They aren't used to being handled, when I first got my two it was like they were learnng to slighter for the first time, like a child, a bit wobbly, I can't see the vid as I'm on my phome.

I wouldn't bother saying anything about them co-habing as they are pro cohabbbing any age any sex.

You have to keep an open mind with rep shops. Betta aquatics have just doubled the size of there rep room and have frogs, scorpions, spiders, loads of hatchies (kept in twos) some adults (again in same sex pairs) some milks, a common boa, It seems a LOT better in there. Check it out x

yeah thats what it could be. ile just keep a close eye on her!
wheyy! im gunna go there tomorrow and have a gander! (betta aquatics that is!) always liked that shop since i was little! thanks for the help again! :D x

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  20:41:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We used to dance like that years ago, nothing wrong at all

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  21:30:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
^^^^^^^^:) :) :)

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  22:09:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With the tail going like the clappers I would say its a nervous thing rather than a gazer.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  22:10:40  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Glad it's not stargazer gene. Sorry to scare you a little. Knew others would have a better idea about it than I! Glad they cleared it up for you.

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000