Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  13:33:02  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've just weighed all my hatchling snakes prior to their next feed, and Iara and Aguna are both 32grams, but Sirae is 48grams. They were all hatched around the end of july/ beginning of august '11.

Looking at my records Sirae was only a couple of grams heavier than Iara and Aguna up until she started on fluffs, and has rocketed up in weight, 25grams on the 18-1-12, to 48grams today (1 fluff every 5 days).

Iara and Aguna started on fluffs on the 17-2-12 (Iara 25grams, Aguna 27grams) and are both 32grams today.

Just goes to show how hatchlings have different growth rates, and how the change in food affects their growth...

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

claire_daz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  16:15:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  17:37:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are fluffs the same as fuzzies? I thought when you went to fuzzies it was supposed to be fed every 7 days rather than 5-6, that's what we've done with Corno. The info I was given (I think by Okeetee Mick) was the following:

Single pinks 6 days Snake = 4-15g
Large pinks (2pink) 7 days Snake = 16-25g
Fuzz (5-6g) 7 days Snake = 26-40g
Small (8-10g) 7 days Snake = 41-80g
Small x 2 (8-10g) 7 days Snake = 80-120g
Mouse (18-20g) 7-14d days Snake = 120+g

Adult females after bromating are fed every 6-7 days.
Adult females are fed every 7 days.
Adult males are fed every 10 days.

Although I admit I moved Corno up to fuzzies before she was 25g as 1 small fuzzy seems a lot smaller than 2 pinkies lol! She's definitely been putting the weight on more noticeably since moving up to fuzzies too!

Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  18:18:05  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Fuzzies and fluffs are the same thing yeah. My snake is 64g and still on fuzzies as they are still leaving a bump.

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  18:41:08  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They are all doing fab I weighed mr griffin today... hes lost some weight since his last weigh in!! Which is fab! He was 864g and today weighed 811g

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  19:00:46  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

Are fluffs the same as fuzzies? I thought when you went to fuzzies it was supposed to be fed every 7 days rather than 5-6, that's what we've done with Corno. The info I was given (I think by Okeetee Mick) was the following:

Single pinks 6 days Snake = 4-15g
Large pinks (2pink) 7 days Snake = 16-25g
Fuzz (5-6g) 7 days Snake = 26-40g
Small (8-10g) 7 days Snake = 41-80g
Small x 2 (8-10g) 7 days Snake = 80-120g
Mouse (18-20g) 7-14d days Snake = 120+g

Adult females after bromating are fed every 6-7 days.
Adult females are fed every 7 days.
Adult males are fed every 10 days.

Although I admit I moved Corno up to fuzzies before she was 25g as 1 small fuzzy seems a lot smaller than 2 pinkies lol! She's definitely been putting the weight on more noticeably since moving up to fuzzies too!

I use a different guide. It's an edited Munson feeding guide (http://www.reptile-community.com/smf/index.php?topic=315.0;wap2) that isn't focused to get the snakes up to breeding weight. I'm feeding them every 5 days until they're on the smallest adult mice, then every 7 days when they start on small adult mice.

Snake Weight | Type Of Mouse | Weight Of Mouse
4-15g | 1 x Pinkie Mouse | 1-3g
16-23g | 2 x Pinkie Mice | 2 x 1-3g
24-40g | 1 x Fuzzie Mouse | 4-6g
41-70g | 1 x Large Fuzzie Mouse/2 x Fuzzie Mice | 10-12g/2 x 4-6g
71-130g | 1 x Small Adult Mouse | 12-14g
131-200g | 1 x Medium Adult Mouse | 15-20g
201-300g | 1 x Large Adult Mouse | 20-25g
301-500g | 1 x X-Large Adult Mouse | 25-30g
501-700g | 1 x Jumbo (Ex-Breeder) Adult Mouse/1 x Small Adult Rat | 30-35g

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  19:03:10  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

They are all doing fab I weighed mr griffin today... hes lost some weight since his last weigh in!! Which is fab! He was 864g and today weighed 811g

I haven't weighed Plissken for quite a while. Mainly because he is doing the whole horny snake thing....

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  19:27:02  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dancross0

quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

I haven't weighed Plissken for quite a while. Mainly because he is doing the whole horny snake thing....

LMAO Griff is the same. Horny dancing 24/7 up against the viv glass. Needed to clean the vivs out today so though I would weigh him as the others were getting weighed today too

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
Go to Top of Page

Toki
Hatchling

230 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  19:56:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Red's still horny dancing ... woke me up this morning. I knwo I keep saying she, I'm pretty sure it's a he, but I can't get out the habit!

When Red was weighed at the vet i'm sure they said 730g, which looking at these charts looks seriously overweight, but she is a big girl and when i posted pics of her on here, people said she looked underweight.

I need some scales

She's on large mice once a week, only just got her eating again after being pretty ill.

Albino Cali King - Mort
Normal Cornsnake - Red
Ultra Cornsnake - Syd
Albino Hognose - Mia
Red Het Hognose - Freddie
Bearded Dragon - Remi
Boa Constrictor - Io
Cats - Jack and Nola
White German Shepherd - Jack

We have a little amel corn up for rehoming.
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29268
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  20:07:13  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Red may not be overweight. It all depends on the weight, length, and overall shape.

Ideally, they should be loaf shaped; flat at the bottom, straight at the sides and curved at the top.

Plissken is 54" (4'6") and 713grams when last measured and weighed, and fits the body shape. And I started feeding him every fortnight just to keep him at that shape and weight.

Go to Top of Page

claire_daz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  20:11:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well at least i know pop's is not a freak she bigger coz she a corn X emory's rat snake (creamsicle) coz she is only just 9 months old and she is nearly 3o inch's and 142g

sizzle is now 10 months and 25 inch and 92g amel
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  21:06:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, the only guide I use is my eye and a bit of logic when feeding my lot :P
And all apart from one (The Cat having a funny few weeks, back on track though) they're all good! :D

And yeah, horny dancing, tell me about it! I've got Holly constantly pressing himself on the glass, and I think the Caramel Motleys doing it too! :O
Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  21:10:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they do grow at different rates.i got 2 hatchlings born last year,the youngest 1 was 7g lighter but now is 25g heavier than the older 1

Edited by - kev 5 on 18/03/2012 21:11:34
Go to Top of Page

Toki
Hatchling

230 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  21:12:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My king's started doing it too the past week or so, horny animoooos.

Red's sort of house shaped, so I think she is a little under. She was on large weiner rats when we got her and she stopped eating after a bit. So we tried mice and she was fine, then she got ill, now she's back on mice and eating anything that's in her path x)

Albino Cali King - Mort
Normal Cornsnake - Red
Ultra Cornsnake - Syd
Albino Hognose - Mia
Red Het Hognose - Freddie
Bearded Dragon - Remi
Boa Constrictor - Io
Cats - Jack and Nola
White German Shepherd - Jack

We have a little amel corn up for rehoming.
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29268
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  21:14:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh right, yes I'm not trying to get Corno up to breeding weight lol!! It is always interesting that snakes the same age can be such different sizes (and I mean whilst still being perfectly healthy!)

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  10:06:20  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thats the thing. Griff might be a huuuge weight but when I look at him he doesnt look it. He isnt the wrong shape etc. But I will go by what everyone says for now, as if its gonna be better for his health to loose a bit of weight then thats whats gotta happen xx

Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  10:34:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of my 11s is coming up to 100g now and she hatched in May/June, but I have others that are the same age as her and still tiny, so yep all depends on the snake really I find that once they're onto fuzzies they just grow like there's no tomorrow. Four of my 11s are on small mice, most of the others are on fuzzies but I do have about 5 that are on large pinkies still, I only just got those ones about a month ago though and I don't actually know how old they are, the smallest is only like 14g though bless him, they're at least 6 months old though as they came to the UK in September, so they're pretty small for their age considering most of my other 6 month olds are over 40g.
All of my 11s and 10s get fed every 7 days unless they're absolutely tiny, ie weigh less than 12g, then it's every 5. My 09s and older get fed every 2 weeks on medium mice so they don't get fat.

Wanna know what animals I keep? Check out www.facebook.com/mnmreptiles :)

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  12:16:52  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
now i got my scales i keep a lot more regular checks on sonny, in face i shall go and weigh him now lol

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  12:51:01  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Blah you don't need feeding guides, just use common sense!

I've got no horny dancers now as they have been fed and horny fatty is in shed.

I was surprised when I last weighed my snakes, Ember and Rattles born on the same day just 2 years old now, are about 300g which is the same weight as there 11 year old mum after she had finished laying :o yet their head and general body shape is not close to the size of the adults, maybe they need to go on a bit of a diet of shoved in a grow bag :p they get one medium mouse a week.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2012 :  21:31:38  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
think its time sonny went up to mediums :p he weighed in yesterday at 161g :P

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2012 :  22:12:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Sonny is getting big How old is he now?

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000