Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GuvS51
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2012 :  23:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there

First post on the forum for me despite being on here quite a lot reading up on different areas.

Have a quick question on my corn snake she's a Carolina- approx 6 months old, but I have had her for 6 weeks or so. She's my first snake so perhaps I'm being paranoid about her health but thought it would be better to ask some people in the know .

When I first got her her colours were very vivid all over but after a few weeks she seems to have a very slight pearlescent tint on the top of her head. It only shows in some lights and hasn't gotten any darker or spread to the rest of her body. There are no signs of shedding (she hasn't shed with me yet) and her general viv conditions are stable with an average humidity of around 50-60.

Is this normal or may there be something wrong with her?

Thanks in advance for any help!

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  00:06:02  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Id say shes most likely starting to go into blue especially as you say she hasnt shed with you yet you dont really need to worry about humidity with corns too much i think 50-60 is a bit high anyway but im sure one of the experts will let u know

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  00:10:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is all normal, humidity of 50-60 is fine you dont want it too high that can bring on Respitory Infections.

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  01:16:29  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i dont think ive ever checked the humidity in my corns vivs thinking about it maybe i should ?

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  22:38:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulie78

i dont think ive ever checked the humidity in my corns vivs thinking about it maybe i should ?

Naah! Assuming you live in a normal house and not the rainforest, just keep it clean, water on the cold side, it's all gravy!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000