New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  12:39:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello.

I've had my corn for 3 months now, and for the first time in that time i've been able to watch him at home during the day.

I've know idea why but he is forcing himself against the glass as if trying to push through it.

Has anyone had this before, or know what he is upto? I have never seen him this active!

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  12:43:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My guess would be... he's male, it's breeding season, and he's feeling frisky! He may go off his food too ;)

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  12:57:23  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
smart bunny is spot on xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  13:06:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poor bugger.

How long does it last for? He is a really good feeder and he last had a feed on Sunday which was fine. He is only 14 months old, is he mature enough to go thorugh breeding problems?
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  13:56:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of my males refuses to eat for 10-12 weeks when he is feeling like this. Does him no harm though :)

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  21:05:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to start this up again.

He is doing it all the time and is starting to get some colourless patches behind his nostrils. I think this is where he is pushing on the glass.

Is it still likely to be friskiness or something else?
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  21:10:31  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nope. It's still the horny snake dance. My male rubbed a hole in his face last year, and it took about 5 sheds to go!

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  21:32:08  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
....or he's trying to escape but too thick to realise what glass is.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  22:13:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing to worry about then. Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  23:00:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only thing you can do is make sure there are no shapr bits on the edge of the glass (there shouldn't be) and the runners etc. My corn is doing this at the moment, I open the door he is out like a flash, roaming around like a horny monster. Feel sorry for the poor fella.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

SidandNancy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2012 :  00:00:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad i found this post. Sid has been soooooo hyper, pushing his face against the glass and right off as soon as i open the tank and i've been so worried. How long does this last? Should I continue to try to feed him or leave him to it and should i still let him roam about or let him chill in his tank??
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000