New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vince_the_snake
Yearling

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  18:07:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vince has refused his mouse (large mouse) for 3 weeks in a row now. temps are normal, he's usually a great feeder. I don't know why he's not any ideas?

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  18:12:40  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Possibly due to it being breeding season but if you tell us about your set-up etc we can check for any other possible issues. Make sure you keep an eye on his weight tho as if it is down to breeding season then he shouldn't lose much weight.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  18:12:50  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
A few people have commented the same recently and it seems to be due to it being breeding season. 3 weeks is not a long time to not eat as others have mentioned that theirs have not fed for months, so I would not worry yet.

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  18:15:48  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Im with the others. Breeding season will more than likely be the cause. Snakes can last alot longer without eating. xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  19:00:55  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My Rhubarbs now gone 12 weeks without eating but as long as he's still trashing his viv every night I know he's alright and he'll eat when he's ready. Easier said than done I know but try not to worry.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  21:07:52  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Eddies not eaten in two weeks ill offer him food every week till he takes it lol so i feel your pain/anxiety but plenty of others have reassured me as they have you that its nothing ive done its just the breeding season blues lol and i did take him away from his gf just over 2 weeks ago so maybe hes sulking lol

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Vince_the_snake
Yearling

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  07:34:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info it's probably 'breeding season blues' he's trashing his viv every night. thanks for the reinsurance.
Go to Top of Page

Vince_the_snake
Yearling

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  17:44:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way, does this mean he's probably male?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000