not feeding after shed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PurpIeMonkey
Snake Mite

49 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  11:17:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cash shed friday night went to shop to get him a large mouse usually I have never had any feeding problems with him takes them straight away this time he didnt even want it just tried escaping from his feeding box had to go out for the day so thought I'd leave it in his viv in a kitchen roll tube so not to be on the bedding got back late at night still there have thrown it out should I be worried he not eaten after shedding??

Starmist
Hatchling

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  11:38:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does he usually eat after he's shed or did he eat just before he shed? I wouldn't be too worried he isn't going to starve. Perhaps leave it a couple of days and try again? Perhaps he was just resting after his shed and didn't feel like eating? I'm sure someone will post with a more helpful answer than mine shortly!

Go to Top of Page

PurpIeMonkey
Snake Mite

49 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  12:54:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he hasnt eaten in 9 days now and usually eats 2 large mice (cut him down to 1 last time he feed) and usually never has any problems feeding
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  13:18:36  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
how often were you feeding 2 large mice? Thats a big meal for a corn if weekly. How old is the snake? Could be that hes just not hungry.

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/

Edited by - Mamma on 04/03/2012 13:19:15
Go to Top of Page

PurpIeMonkey
Snake Mite

49 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  21:18:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
stopped feeding him two a time bout a month ago he is just over 4ft and about 3.5 yrs old he now has shed and not eaten in 2 weeks tried feeding him tonight and still not interested
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  22:45:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MALE?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

PurpIeMonkey
Snake Mite

49 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  20:03:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep he's male... any reason??
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  21:18:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep he's male... any reason??

Breeding season

If you take a look at a few of the threads on the forum you'll see there is a recurring theme - males are known to go off their food and get very agitated during breeding season. Don't worry, at that age they can go for many weeks without food, I'm sure he'll start again eventually!! One thing I have read others post is to keep an eye on his weight though - apparently if it is due to breeding season the weight shouldn't drop off too much? (That's only from what I've seen on here though)

Go to Top of Page

PurpIeMonkey
Snake Mite

49 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  21:49:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok haven't got anything to weight him properly with but handle him often enough to notice if he does start losing weight thanks for replys guys
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000