Snake won't eat!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

savo22002
Snake Mite

3 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2012 :  19:21:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My snake is 18-24 months old, am unsure about its sex, however I was sold it as a male. My problem is that the snake has refused its last 3 feeds, now I know that this is only a short period of time for a snake not to eat but I recently lost a younger snake that also refused its feeds. I really dont want to lose this snake so would appreciate any advise, if it helps this snake and the younger one that died both lived in the same vivarium.

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2012 :  19:24:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have you tried braining the mouse, dabbing tuna brine, rubbing chicke on it, warming it up, a soggy mouse, has anything changed since he last ate.

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2012 :  20:03:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How are your temps? have you tried just leaving him for a week then trying, do you take him out to feed, leave him in viv/faun? or maybe put down on bit kitchen roll, leave overnight.
Please dont worry just yet!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2012 :  14:25:26  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How long have you had the snake for? How many feeds has it taken for you before it stopped eating? And also what is your set up like?

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

savo22002
Snake Mite

3 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2012 :  20:24:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have tried braining the mouse and putting a slice in it around the guts, the temps are at what they should be. I always take the snake out of his viv to feed as that is what i've read on most web sites about corns, but recently i have tried leaving the mouse in the viv overnight to see if that helped, but it didn't. The snake ate regularly every saturday up until about 3 weeks ago, nothing has changed in his viv except the other snake passing away 10 days ago.
Go to Top of Page

savo22002
Snake Mite

3 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2012 :  20:25:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have tried braining the mouse and putting a slice in it around the guts, the temps are at what they should be. I always take the snake out of his viv to feed as that is what i've read on most web sites about corns, but recently i have tried leaving the mouse in the viv overnight to see if that helped, but it didn't. The snake ate regularly every saturday up until about 3 weeks ago, nothing has changed in his viv except the other snake passing away 10 days ago.
Go to Top of Page

savo22002
Snake Mite

3 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2012 :  20:26:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2012 :  20:27:28  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Superheating? Marmite? Soggy?

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly