New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

noola
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  15:30:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I have just bought this baby, just wondering if anyone can tell me, what sort of boa he is... thanx :)

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  16:48:06  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
its a snake x LOL

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  17:07:59  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like a red tailed boa.

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

Vince_the_snake
Yearling

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  18:38:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why did you buy something when you didn't know what it was? Yeah it looks like a Red-tailed Boa to me.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  20:23:13  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Did he have a label or anything where you got him from? You must have some kind of idea?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

Edited by - Sta~ple on 09/02/2012 20:23:58
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  20:33:52  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alot of BCIs are sold as red-tails though.. but majority of them turn out not to be. Do you know anything about the locales? Any history at all?

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  22:29:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah them having a red tail is no indication of what type of Boa it is, as most of them do.

As you don't know what it is are you prepared for potentially a 10 foot long snake within a year or 2?

You really need to go back to the seller and find out what on earth you've just bought.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  07:51:00  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I am absolutely rubbish with boas but i strongly suggest you go back to the seller and find out exactly what it is. You need to know what care requirements it has and how big it is likely to get. What was it advertised as?

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  09:46:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Be ready for it to potentially be one of these! She's almost 6 foot and still growing. ((we will not acknowledge my Moo Cow PJs.))

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  10:00:08  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Katie.Dublin

Be ready for it to potentially be one of these! She's almost 6 foot and still growing. ((we will not acknowledge my Moo Cow PJs.))

Moo cow ahoooy! Shes a stunning chunky beastie!

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  12:40:34  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Woahhh shes massive! Had I not read she was 6ft I would have guessed she was bigger! Don't think I could cope with one of them XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

noola
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  14:35:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all sorry but i didnt explain enough did i . I am totally prepared for him to get very large its just that i bought him with label off ,possibly nicuragriun dwarf boa but looking on internet he does not seem to be one of those so was just a query really as he does not look like a common boa either, sorry if have mislead any one i do understand how large he could possibly get and am prepared for that.... LOOKING FORWARD TO WHATEVER HE MAY BE....
Go to Top of Page

noola
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  14:42:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
H again, his markins are different to any pics i have seen of baby boas and he is really dark in colouration also , maybe a x of some kind i love him to bits though he is beautiful,,,, he makes my 1 year old royal look huge he so tiny
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  17:53:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he looks like a red tail cross normal bci . could possibly be a squaretail (thats just the morph) normal bci . doesnt look like a nic dwarf to me , the tail is too different

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  18:50:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Woahhh shes massive! Had I not read she was 6ft I would have guessed she was bigger! Don't think I could cope with one of them XD

Well its hard to get her measured cause she's so strong but she's longer than me and I'm 5ft 10! Must weigh her at some stage :) Don't think the kitchen scales will work though lol.
The boa posted by noola has nice markings. Kinda unusual! :) Good luck with her/him

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000