wow- first hand shed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  02:00:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mrs sweety pie has just (well an hr or so ago) shed in my hands!!!

her eyes cleared a couple of days ago, she was on my lap earlier, having a pre-dinner waggle about, and she nudged her head against my arm a couple of times and there was the beginning of her skin!!
I left her to it and just watched while she squoggled about on the sofa, but then the skin started rolling up around her, instead of turning inside out- it looked like she had a really bad 70s style polo neck jumper on, so i ended up helping her out of it- I had to sort of hold a bit of her while she wiggled out, it was so lovely when it was done, she immediately started her usual nosey nosey poke about, which she's not been like that since she went blue so it cheered me up masses to see her all cheerd up- yAYY for shedding

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  09:27:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You jammy so and so you! My daughters snake shed in her hands a few weeks ago too...was amazing to see him pushing his little head on her hands. Happy snake = happy owner

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  10:21:28  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
or you Barl did the same thing to me on saturday it was soooooo AWESOME! must add im still waiting to be pooped on and tagged though lol

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  14:43:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lucky you! AGAIN just missed Kellogs by half an hour

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Starmist
Hatchling

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  10:14:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jake has always done it during the night when we were in bed. Until about 3 months ago..we walked past his tank into the front room to watch tv at 8pm after the programme had finished at 8.30 I went back out to make a drink and there it was! He's such a cheeky thing! Then there was the incident the other day where he did it in the afternoon while I was doing paperwork! Missed it again!! One day I shall be lucky, but how amazing getting them to shed on you!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000