New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

xSerenity
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  18:11:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mia started to shed two days ago, and it's coming off in bits and pieces (which didn't really surprise me considering what she's been through lately) but it's only half shed and she's making no move to remove the rest of it.

She hates baths and goes mental any time I try to give her one. Is there any other way to help her get rid of the remainder of the shed she has?

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  18:16:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you could get a damp piece of kitchen roll or damp towel and let her slither around in that, the dampness coupled with the extra friction from the towel should help to get the rest off, have the eye caps and tail tip come off?? can you see them on the rest of the shed? You might need to put a damp hide in when you see her comin into blue the next time.

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

xSerenity
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  18:36:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Her sheds are usually fine and all in one piece, she's just been really stressed the past couple of weeks, so I think that's why it was bits and pieces. Her eyecaps have come off, but it's the bottom half I'm having trouble with. It's literally just one half of her body.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to be the bad one and force her to have a bath, although the paper towel thing seems like a really good idea.

I'll give it a try. :)
Go to Top of Page

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  19:33:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
put in a damp hide and place it over the warm side. it'll act as a sauna. sorted my snow out a treat when she had sheds like that and not she gets it in as soon as she goes into blue. barely left it this time and had a beautiful clean shed. a plastic takeaway tub with a hole in it and a bit of damp kitchen roll or towel in it will work a treat

Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  22:06:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If your bathing, get a critter keeper (like a small faun with a lid and handle) put her in there and pop the lid on. Let her flop around in there for 10 minutes or so!
It's how I bath mine when I have to do it on occassion, doesn't matter if they don't like it as they can't climb out the tub xD
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000