Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  19:34:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry nobody is trying to be unfriendly! Just opinionated perhaps. Welcome to the forum anyways

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser85
Banned Again

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  21:38:52  Show Profile  Visit CentricMalteser85's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I replied to the whole thread, to give advice on everything, as a helping hand!

You should have stated that your experienced, because in my view and Im sure others would agree, an experienced keeper would not keep together adult corns they did not know the sex of for the problem of breeding and other issues and experienced keepers and even beginners would know not to house a baby hatchling with adults in the viv.

Big viv with much bigger snakes = stress as it's open environment in size comparison.

And I am opinionated which I dont take offence too and I say it as it is, sorry I dont do it with a gentle blanket.

But heres the advic straight up

Change the feeding patterns for all snakes otherwise they will get ill health, overweight and potentially die

Get a new home for the baby corn appropiately sized ie a RUB or use a 2ft or 3ft viv but with lots of hides and decor for them.

Experience should also tell you snakes grow at different paces to each other so whereas one hatchling may shed ona monthly basis, another may shed on a 6 weekly basis.

And if you dont keepfeeding records and shedding records and weight records, might be worthwhile to do so.

quote:
Originally posted by DutchCorns

Perhaps I should have stated what? That the snakes have been together for years was indeed mentioned. Anyway, I came on here to ask others' opinions about whether I should be concerned about the size of one snake. Then I personally thought that a friendly conversation had ensued. As the conversation is suddenly and to my mind inexplicably no longer friendly and my original question has indeed been answered, I will respectfully bugger off.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000