New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  19:34:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ive seen a few snow teressas online that im thinking about buying, but because teressa morph is dominant how does the morph workings out work....
eg if i was to breed the snow teressa with another "normal" snow would they produce snow teressa, and if was to breed the same snow teressa with a normal morph would they produce normal teressas??
how does it work??

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  21:03:22  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Tessera is dominant, so if you were to put a normal x tessera, you would get tessera hatchies.

If you put a tessera with a snow, you would get tessera het amel and anery.

Putting a tessera snow with a normal would result in tessera het amel and anery.

To get a tessera snow, you would need a tessera het amel and anery, and a snow (or any morph with amel AND anery, including hets), or a tessera snow with any morph containing amel AND anery (including hets).

I'm sure thats right.....

(Edited due to shiny things....)

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Edited by - Dancross0 on 30/01/2012 21:08:12
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  23:44:19  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thats correct, and also the reason tessera morph prices will bomb very quickly ;)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2012 :  13:45:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
soooo(smell the smoke and hear the gears turing) if was to breed my granite l/pied with a normal teressa, the first generation would be teressa het pied, granite, but if i was to breed a male and female of that clutch what would come out??? granite teressa pied??? sorry if im sounding abit stupid just bored and brain storming

Edited by - mkmattyk on 31/01/2012 13:47:15
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2012 :  13:58:44  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pretty much. You would probably get better results breeding one of the offspring back to the pied.

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2012 :  14:55:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so has this been tried already??? and if so i would love to see a pic, trying to imagen what it would look like. thanks dancross0
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2012 :  22:36:20  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't think its been tried yet, but I imagine stuff will move very quickly. The triple combinations are already starting to come out now so it won't be long before the quads start

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000